Sacred Pepper - Part 1
FarmTable Cucina, Bern's Steak House, Ulele Restaurant, Rooster & the Till, and On Swann are known competitors to Sacred Pepper that serve modern American cuisine, made with locally-sourced ingredients. The requested information on these competitors can be found in this spreadsheet.
- FarmTable Cucina is a stand-alone Italian-inspired restaurant that serves fresh cuisine with ingredients that are regionally sourced and meticulously curated.
- It has a rustic, casual ambiance, and offers decadent food.
- Its address is 179 2nd Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701.
Bern's Steak House
- Founded in 1956, Bern's Steak House is a family owned restaurant that locally grows its vegetables on its farm. It is widely known for its quality food and impeccable service.
- It is a contemporary American restaurant that serves a few Italian meals.
- The restaurant has a dress code - business casual to semi-formal. It does not allow casual clothing, including t-shirts, tennis shoes, and shorts.
- Its address is 1208 S Howard Ave, Tampa, FL 33606.
- Ulele Restaurant is a Native-American inspired restaurant with intricately flavored and appealing meals.
- It uses vegetables, seafood, fresh fruits, and ingredients from Florida alone. The restaurant's lagers and ales are made with locally sourced ingredients as well.
- Ulele's address is 1810 N Highland Ave, Tampa, FL 33602.
- On Swann is a contemporary American restaurant with "seasonal menus that incorporate locally sourced and locally grown ingredients."
- It has a casual ambiance with a combination of vintage and industrial decor. It supports local and small artisan businesses through its menu.
- On Swann's address is 1501 W Swann Ave, Tampa, FL 33606.
Rooster & the Till
- Established in 2013, Rooster & the Till serves modern American dishes with cultural inspirations from several parts of the world.
- It has a progressive menu and forms connections with local farmers in order to get the best locally sourced ingredients.
- Its address is 6500 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33604.
In order to identify five close competitors to Sacred Pepper, we first examined Sacred Pepper's website to know the type of meals it serves. Next, we searched food-related publications such as Culture Tip and Timeout for any comparison of Sacred Pepper to another restaurant, or any mention of its competitors. This led to a dead end as we only found reviews of the restaurant.
Our next strategy involved looking for the best restaurants in Tampa as per Trip Advisor, Yelp, and similar business directory databases. Through this, we found several restaurants in the area. We then narrowed our list down to restaurants that use locally-sourced ingredients. This brought the list down to 12.
We further narrowed this list to contemporary American restaurants with some sort of Italian cultural fusion. This only led to three results. We decided to allow some leeway in terms of cultural fusion. We focused on contemporary American restaurants with any cultural fusion. This brought the list down to six. Next, we excluded restaurants that are part of a regional or national restaurant chain - an example being Ava Restaurant. After doing this, the list was only three. As a result, we included independent restaurants that use locally-sourced ingredients, can be considered contemporary American, and serve at least one meal that isn't fully American.