Neato Robotics Customer Engagement
Neato Robotics engages customers through its company website, the product app and through social media platforms.
- Neato Robotics uses their company website as a tool for engagement. The company collects data through responses to surveys, questionnaires and similar data collection methods. The information collected by these means is then further used to provide personalized services as well as optimize customer experience.
- The website allows customers to create accounts ‘My Neato Account.' Through their personalized accounts, customers are then provided with updates, service announcements, billing, and promotional information.
- The website also has avenues for customers to contact customer support services as well as marketing and communication services.
- The company website utilizes a professional and ambitious tone. The homepage describes the company’s product as ‘The Ultimate Cleaning Machine.’
- Throughout the company’s website, the products are advertised in such a way that boasts high-end technology and innovation. The website also boasts the phrase ‘The D makes the difference’ which speaks to the unique ‘D’ shape of the company’s vacuum.
- The level of engagement on the Neato Robotics website is dependent on the customer's level of engagement with the company’s services. For example, to receive service updates, billing, and promotional information, a website visitor must create an account on the company’s website.
- Neato Robotics is an active participant on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. The company has 10.9 thousand twitter followers and 7,675 tweets since its membership in 2009.
- The company’s Instagram has 11.2 thousand followers and 441 posts.
- Neato’s YouTube page has 5.55 thousand subscribers.
- The company’s Instagram page employs friendly and humorous tones, the pictures posted features at home living, children and pets. These pictures are accompanied by witty captions. An example is a picture with a man relaxing on a couch with the Neato robot on the floor, followed by the caption “Ah yes, hard at work keeping the floors clean.”
- The company’s Twitter also utilizes a friendly and humorous tone exemplified in their bio “I’m Neato, I know how to clean better than other robot vacuums."
- Neato Robotics moderately engages with their audience via their social media platforms. Their Instagram features pictures posted with mainly 3-7 days intervals between posts, their twitter, however, displays longer posting intervals.
The research team began by first conducting a general search for what were the customer engagement tactics of Neato Robotics. We found threads of information on the company’s policies. Information on how Neato Robotics used their website to engage customers was gathered by reading about the type of interaction that took place on the company’s website. The general search on the customer engagement tactics of Neato Robotics had also revealed that the company had an App designed which offered more benefits to its customers. The research team then conducted a search to identify benefits the app offered. From that search, we were able to identify methods of engagement through app usage. Lastly, we conducted a search of social media platforms that Neato Robotics were active on. It was revealed that the company was active on most platforms like, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
To ascertain the tone used by the company on the different mediums, the research team conducted a general search to find out a description of the different tones used in advertising. The information found was used by the research team to assist with the identification of the different tones used on the 3 mediums being researched. The tones highlighted were: professional and ambitious; website, friendly and informative; product app, and friendly and humorous; social media platforms. The website was visited, and the phrases were highlighted in the body of the research that boasts its friendly and ambitious tone. The research team downloaded the product app and the information obtained was used to make an informed classification that the app utilized a friendly and informative tone. The company’s social media platforms, namely Instagram and twitter, were reviewed, and the information gathered supported that these platforms utilized a friendly and humorous tone.