Successful Marketing Campaigns: iRobot
With the current breakthrough in technology, iRobot is coming up with robots that can communicate with each other and perform household chores. The firm intends to introduce homes that are not only connected across the globe but also have clean comfortable dwellings. iRobot has taken its campaign on social media to advertise some of its products. The products include vacuum cleaners, lawnmowers, and mops. In 2019, iRobot used their social media pages to reach out to clients and here are some of their successful advertisements on social media pages.
Roomba vs Mud
- The advertisement was done on 9th May 2019. This 9-second-video was used for the given publication. The video is about someone who steps on a floor with muddy shoes and then the Roomba i7 cleans up the mess.
- The company explains the technology which helps the cleaner to identify dirty areas. A slogan used for this advertisement is “dirt has nowhere to hide.”
- The comments are indications of positive reviews of the products as the majority are in support of the product.
- The advertisement can be termed as successful because of the number of views, as it attracted 183,000 viewers. This number is a good score for a Facebook post that barely attracts 10,000 viewers.
Braava jet vs Coffee
- Braava jet vs Coffee advertisement was done on 13th March 2019 on iRobot’s Facebook page.
- The 11-second-video advertisement shows how Braava jet cleans spills like coffee. The sticky mess is cleaned in a few seconds.
- The message of the content used here is ''Make quick work of spills, without the effort''. Braava jet has a vibrating head and a jet spray which aids in cleaning up.
- The post attracts different inquiries on the use and compatibility of the products with other devices. Through the post, iRobot was able to identify a scammer’s page through a customer’s responsibility.
- The post attracted 143,000 views which makes it successful across the advertisements made in 2019 by iRobot.
To come up with this research, we checked the iRobot social media pages. Its Facebook page has the highest number of followers at 1.4 million, followed by Instagram which has 56,900 followers, and lastly, Twitter at 36,700 followers. The company does well on its Instagram pages based on the customers' responses and the number of followers. In this research, however, we considered the overall reaction and we found two advertisements on Facebook that attracted more than 100,000 viewers on Facebook.