Riverbed WAN Optimization, DEM, & SD WAN Offerings
Riverbed offers SteelHead SD for SD-WAN and WAN Optimization, and SteelCentral offers DEM. Their competitive advantages include their awards for their products that offer reliability and acceleration of business-related applications.
SD-WAN and Wan Optimization
- SteelHead SD is a Riverbed product that offers "a single, unified orchestration and connectivity fabric across the entire distributed enterprise network with embedded security, optimization, and visibility."
- SteelHead SD offers SD-WAN and Cloud Connectivity. It is constructed on an SD-WAN platform and managed using an understandable natural language policy. The policy travels across data centers, WAN, Cloud, and WLAN/LAN to prevent network silos from deferring innovation.
- SteelHead SD integrates with Zscaler, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services, which enables customers to be more agile with cloud transformation.
- SteelHead SD provides data center architectures and enterprise routing. The product's advanced networking features facilitate the assimilation of SD-WAN to the underlay, which means customers do not have to regulate separate underlay and overlay networks. Also, SteelHead SD allows customers to replace legacy routing apparatuses.
- SteelHead SD promotes performance and visibility enforced by Riverbed's leadership in the WAN optimization market for nearly a decade. SteelHead SD uses market-leading WAN Optimization features in conjunction with market-leading security, visibility, and additional services. These capabilities result in a consistent solution that provides unrivaled application performance.
- SteelHead SD also offers enterprise-grade resiliency and scalability against failures in appliance hardware, software, and WAN uplink promoting non-stop business continuity.
- SteelHead SD provides high ROI, along with a swift payback through operational ease and network infrastructure savings.
- Technical specifications:
1) Model 570 SD 2.0 Series: Profile: Desktop: SD-WAN only mode: Max SD-WAN Throughput 100MBps: Optimized WAN Capacity 10 Mbps: Web Proxy Capacity 50 GB.
2) Model 770 SD 2.0 Series: Profile: Desktop: SD-WAN only mode: Max SD-WAN Throughput 200MBps: Optimized WAN Capacity Up to 30 Mbps: Web Proxy Capacity 50 GB.
3) Model 3070 SD 2.0 Series: Profile: 1U: SD-WAN only mode: Max SD-WAN Throughput 500MBps: Optimized WAN Capacity Up to 75 Mbps: Web Proxy Capacity 200 GB.
SD-WAN and Wan Optimization CompetitIve Advantage
- SteelHead is the leading optimization solution in the industry that supplies a quick delivery of every application through the Hybrid WAN. SteelHead can help IT troubleshoot issues before a user experiences problems.
- SteelHead Wan optimization is simple to set up and swift (up to 15 minutes) and uses three distinct technologies to advance WAN performance, which includes data, transport, and application streamlining.
- Riverbed was awarded the 2017 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for its innovative SD-WAN and SteelConnect, the 2017 Internet Telephony SD-WAN Excellence Award, Interop Tokyo 2017 - Best in Show for their SD-WAN solution, and Hosting Advice - Developers' Choice Award for WAN optimization.
- SteelCentral is a SaaS-based digital experience management brand of products that offers end-to-end enterprise monitoring services, clarity across the full stack, along with networks and a "dynamic infrastructure on and off the cloud."
- SteelCentral offers a consolidated Application Performance Management (APM) solution. SteelCentral keeps track of digital experiences from each app within the enterprise portfolio and changes APM into a big data practice.
- SteelCentral AppResponse allows customers to choose the analysis capabilities they require from network forensics, application metrics, web transaction analysis, database analysis, and unified communications analysis. AppResponse also keeps team members on the same page while troubleshooting Sev-1 problems.
- AppResponse Appliances come as: 2180 (SKU: SCAN-2180, 12TB raw and 10TB usable storage, 12TB raw and 10TB usable storage, 32 GB memory, and 4 capture ports), 4180 (SKU: SCAN-4180, 48TB raw and 40TB usable storage, 48TB raw and 40TB usable maximum storage, 64 GB memory, and 8 capture ports), 8180 (SKU: SCAN-8180, requires storage unit, 120TB maximum storage, 128 GB memory, and 8 capture ports), and 8180-plus (SKU: SCAN-8180, requires storage unit, 1,920TB maximum storage, 128 GB memory, and 8 capture ports).
- AppResponse Virtual SKU is available in the following formats: VSCAN-00100 (Hypervisor VMware ESXi 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, Up to 100 GB storage, 100 GB maximum storage, 2GB memory, and 2 capture ports), VSCAN-00500 (Hypervisor VMware ESXi 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, Up to 2 TB storage, 2 TB maximum storage, 2GB memory, and 2 capture ports), and VSCAN-02000 (Hypervisor VMware ESXi 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, Up to 8 TB storage, 8 TB maximum storage, 2GB memory, and 2 capture ports).
- AppResponse Cloud SKU includes VSCAN-AWS-010, hypervisor AWS-EC2, 16GB-8TB storage, 8TB maximum storage, 32 GiB (t2.2xlarge), and 1 capture ports.
- SteelCentral AppInternals offers high-definition, scalable, and cloud-native APM. Customers can advance average time to resolution and reduce the effect of business performance problems, enhance the productivity of the business and IT staff, and dispense high-quality applications. The technical specs include deployment flexibility, data collection, scalability, discovery, rest API, and cloud/container support.
- SteelCentral Aternity provides end-user experience monitoring that promptly evaluates the length of time users wait for applications critical to a business, analyze trends of off-track productivity, and progress ROI.
DEM CompetitIve Advantage
- Riverbed SteelCentral supplies the sole consolidated End User Experience and Application Performance Monitoring solution that records digital experiences for each kind of application within the enterprise portfolio.
- SteelCentral helps the dependability of every business-critical application, whether it is on physical, virtual, or mobile devices.
- With SteelCentral, there is no significant hardware provisioning, server deployment, or capital investment for consumers.
- Riverbed was awarded the 2017 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for its innovative and industry-leading SteelConnect and SD-WAN.