Riverbed's Digital Experience Management (APM/NPM)
Riverbed's APM tool incorporates artificial intelligence into APM big data to effectively serve the dynamics of containers and microservices, giving their clients all the data they need to solve complex application performance problems. Their NPM solution also integrates with their application performance monitoring solution and end-user experience to help clients understand how their network performance impacts their business. AppDynamics' APM tool has deep, automatic, code-level diagnostic capabilities that help to identify the root causes down to the individual line of code while their network visibility tool helps their customers to monitor the health of their network by automatically discovering applications and network topologies and interdependencies.
RIVERBED'S DIGITAL MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Riverbed is an American information technology company that offers hardware and software products that help their clients boost their digital performance.
- Their Digital Perfomance Platform helps their clients to "transform the way customers run the powerful network- and cloud-based apps that connect people, businesses, and experiences in our digital world"
OVERVIEW OF RIVERBED'S APPLICATION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- According to Riverbed, traditional Application Management tools cannot effectively identify and resolve performance problems in modern application environments.
- That's why the Riverbed Application Perfomance Management tool merges end-user experience with APM to focus on what matters most to the client.
- Their APM tool incorporates artificial intelligence into APM big data to effectively serve the dynamics of containers and microservices, giving their clients all the data they need to solve complex application performance problems.
- The Riverbed APM tool captures "every transaction from every user and every device" to help their customers identify the root cause of the application performance issues and fix them.
OVERVIEW OF RIVERBED'S NETWORK PERFORMANCE MONITORING
- According to Riverbed, Single Network Management Protocol (SNMP) polling does not effectively diagnose and fix complex problems in a network's performance.
- Their network performance monitoring "integrates these capabilities so that you gain an enterprise network view of performance in hybrid cloud environments".
- Their NPM solution also integrates with the client's application performance monitoring solution and end-user experience to help them understand how their network performance impacts their business.
- AppDynamics' APM tool "delivers application mapping, dynamic baselining, and code-level diagnostics".
- According to AppDynamics, their APM tool automatically discovers, maps, and visualizes the customer's journey through each application service and infrastructure dependency.
- AppDynamics's APM tool employs Cognitive Engine and machine learning to automatically detect anomalies and reduce the MTTR.
- Their APM tool has deep, automatic, code-level diagnostic capabilities that helps to identify the root cause of the problem down to the individual line of code.
- AppDynamics' network visibility tool helps their customers to monitor the health of their network by automatically discovering applications and network topologies and interdependencies.
- Their NPM solutions helps their customers to detect network performance issues before they affect the application performance.
- The NPM tool also identifies network congestion, increased network latency, and micro-bursts.
- The tool also helps to facilitate collaboration between the application and the network team to reduce the MTTR.
- Dynatrace's APM tool employs artificial intelligence to analyze a number of dependencies and help customers to identify the problem, its impact to the business and its root cause.
- Dynatrace's APM tool can perform automatic discovery, mapping, and monitoring of every component of the stack.
- Their tool also has a broad coverage "of any monitoring solution, including languages supported, application architectures, cloud, on-premise or hybrid, enterprise apps, SaaS monitoring, and more.
- According to Dynatrace, their Network Performa Monitoring tool gives their customers insights into the performance and quality of all network processes in their environments.
- The NPM tool also help customers to understand "which of their services and processes suffer from network connection problems and enable your DevOps to improve the connections between vital infrastructure components."
- Dynatrace's NPM tool gives their customers a comprehensive overview of their virtualized network infrastructure, making them aware of the status of their VMs, ESXi hosts, and cloud instances.
- New Relic has a single cloud-based screen that helps their clients automatic instrumentation in the seven programming languages offering them insights into any application environment.
- New Relic's APM tool has in-depth transaction details that help their clients to find and fix application problems speedily.
- The tool has a distributed tracing that "lets you trace the path of a single request from end-to-end in a complex system. You can track the entire chain through every service and dependency, all the way through to the database, and know which step in the path is creating a bottleneck or causing an error."
- New Relic has a Network Performance Monitoring tool, called Infrastructure, that combines with their APN solution to give customers a comprehensive view of the health and performance of their networks, servers, applications, and services.
- According to New Relic, their "dynamic infrastructure and sever monitoring platform" helps customers to monitor and manage the health of their tools in real time.