Developer Marketing Agencies - Market Size
After a thorough search through multiple resources and credible databases, we could not provide direct information regarding the global market size and projected growth for marketing agencies who market to developers or marketing activities directed towards developers. Below are the research strategies utilized and helpful findings we were able to retrieve.
- The Evans data corporation published a report on developer marketing survey. This report provided insights concerning software developers' attitudes regarding the marketing tools and programs used to promote and sell products to developers.
- A report revealed that B2D marketing is a special and rare breed in the market and a few businesses are benefiting from the marketing sector.
- Examples of the best practices for marketing to developers include the provision of "sell-in support" material, the use of testimonials from the developer community, market content such as developmental guides, and so on.
- Developer Media is an advertisement company based in Canada. This company focused on web development, software development, and developer marketing.
- Hoppy is a developer marketing company based in England. This company offers marketing activities for developers which include developer relations, developer experience, and developer marketing.
- Catchy is one of the leading developer marketing agency based in the United States. This company offers marketing activities for developers which includes program strategy, marketing execution, developer contests, and content marketing.
- According to the estimated yearly revenue listed by Agency Spotter, none of the developer marketing agency/agencies were found among the 50 largest marketing companies in the world.
- A report on the largest advertising companies in the world by World Atlas, did not contain any developer marketing agency in it.
- A report revealed that "business-to-developer" is still a niche field and required various marketing strategies focused on developers.
- Also, B2D companies or business-to-developers help in building and marketing digital products specifically designed for software developers.
- Amazon web services, a large B2D company, recently undertook an advertisement to provide "air cover" for developers. It was also revealed that Amazon did not release its external advertising budget to the public.
In order to identify the global market size and projected growth for marketing agencies who market to developers/developer marketing agency in 2018 or 2019, our initial search was to search through credible market reports such as IBIS, Markets and Markets, Prnewswire, and so on to identify any paid or freely available report on this market/industry. Here, we could not identify direct information related to the developer marketing agency market. Information we were able to identify was basically related to the overall marketing agency and advertising industry. Also, we were able to identify a paid survey report from Evans data corporation which shared insights on the 2019 developer marketing. The report revealed information concerning software developers' attitudes regarding the marketing tools and programs used to promote and sell products to developers. This report had limited information related to the market size and projected growth.
Next, we tried to access various global marketing associations databases association to retrieve relevant information on the global market size and projected growth for marketing agencies who market to developers/developer marketing agency. We endeavored to search through their publications and reports on the emerging markets and global marketing domains. Here, we discovered that most of the information available was centered on the latest growth of business-to-developer B2D marketing and businesses globally, but no relevant information related to the market size of developer marketing agencies or any information on the revenues in this market segment was found.
Also, we attempted to triangulate the available data to address the research request. We searched through various media publications and company database such as Crunchbase, D&B Hoovers, Zoominfo, Worldatlas, and Agency Spotter. We utilized this approach to identify global leading developer marketing agencies through revenue in order to estimate the global market size and the projected growth for marketing agencies who market to developers. Through the search for the top 250 marketing agencies lists, we found out that majority of the developer marketing agency/marketing agencies, who market to developers globally are private players and they did not release their financial information to the public.
In addition, we expanded the scope of our search to identify any information on the service charges/revenue/cost/tariff price these marketing agencies are charging for various marketing activities that are directed toward developers to support in the estimation of the market size. Unfortunately, these identified agencies did not have a common set of marketing activities which they offer to various companies except the B2D businesses and they did not disclose any financial information on their charges to support our triangulation. Here, we were able to identify their previous case studies on marketing to B2D companies. Hence, direct information concerning the global market size and projected growth for the marketing agencies who market to developers or marketing activities directed towards developers could not be retrieved on public data. This could be as a result of lack of publication of such information on public data.