Competitive Landscape- Real Estate Companies in NYC
- According to Hoovers, Tishman is a direct competitor to Durst. Tishman's real estate service focuses on commercial and residential or both. They have a significant presence in New York City as the biggest firm with 36 buildings.
- Revenue: $173million
- Number of buildings owned: 46 million properties in North America
- Characteristics differentiating them from others in the space: This real estate company has done a lot of project in healthcare, education, government, retail, commercial, transportation, and unique markets such as gaming and technology.
- Specific segments of the market that they focus on: High profile projects and high-end markets because the company has previously done world renowned projects.
- Specific neighborhoods and types of buildings: Specific neighborhoods include expensive area and their buildings have a distinctive design, construction, and quality with a touch of art, innovation, and sustainable development.
- Rxr Realty is stated as one among the top real estate owners in New York City along with Durst and Tishman. The company has 22 real estate properties in New York City and is a leading tri-state real estate company.
- Revenue: $204.9 million
- Number of buildings owned: 68 commercial real estate buildings worth $18.8 billion, 2,600 units of multi-family residential portfolio, and approximately 3,700 multi-family in the New York Metropolitan area.
- Characteristics differentiating them from others in the space: Rxr Realty's core growth strategy is to construct buildings in tri-state areas in New York. Their competitive advantage is their real estate acumen, combined with financial and legal sophistication.
- Specific segments of the market that they focus on: High-class market because of their vision as the highest quality real estate company.
- Specific neighborhoods and types of buildings: High-quality neighborhoods with modern and 21st-century style.
- According to Hoovers, Brookfield Properties is a direct competitor to Durst. They have a significant presence in New York City as the biggest firm with 19 buildings made of 17.5 million square feet.
- Revenue: $7.692 billion
- Number of buildings owned: 282 offices or commercial buildings and 21,500 office, retail, multifamily apartments made of 320 million square feet.
- Characteristics differentiating them from others in the space: This company integrates with leading-edge technologies which enable their buildings to stay at the forefront of innovation and sustainability.
- Specific segments of the market that they focus on: Urban and upper middle class, based on the portfolio found on their website.
- Specific neighborhoods and types of buildings: Iconic, high-quality, and urban/modern buildings
your Research team applied the following Strategy:
We examined several company profile databases and garnered the top three direct competitors of Durst. Also, during our research, we discovered that Brookfield Properties was formerly known as Forest City Ratner. In order to identify whether the selected competitors possess a significant presence in New York City, we found a list of the top building owners in the New York City. The selected competitors were found in this list, including Durst.