Reputation Management Prospects: NY
Eight high-net-worth individuals in the New York City area identified as potential candidates for reputation management services are Leon Black, Stephen Ross, Noam Gottesman, Michael Steinhardt, Stewart Rahr, William Lauder, Ira Rennert, and Richard Sackler & family. Details such as their net worth, a summary of the negative press, links to contact information, and respective links to the sources are provided in this spreadsheet.
- Leon Black is the co-founder and CEO of Apollo Global Management, headquartered in 57th Street, New York City.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $7.7 billion.
- Black is facing accusations of having close ties with prominent American financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
- Stephen Ross is the chairman and founder of international real estate firm, Related Companies headquartered in Columbus Circle, New York City.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $7.6 billion.
- Ross is criticized for organizing a fund-raising event that charged participants $100,000 to $250,000 to interact with President Trump.
- Stewart Rahr is a retired pharmaceuticals billionaire and founder of the Stewart J. Rahr Foundation based in Fifth Avenue, New York City.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $2.3 billion.
- Rahr is criticized for his hedonistic behavior, involvement in sex scandals, and close ties with President Trump, whom he once acted as a "straw bidder" for.
- Noam Gottesman is the CEO of TOMS Capital LLC headquartered in 14 Street, New York City.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $3.1 billion.
- Gottesman is accused of removing a public sidewalk in Manhattan to create his own parking space.
- William Lauder is the executive chairman of The Estée Lauder Companies, headquartered in Fifth Avenue, New York City.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $2.8 billion.
- Lauder attempted to conceal details of a personal lawsuit involving an alleged affair to protect The Estée Lauder Companies.
- Richard Sackler and his family members own Purdue Pharma. He has retired from the company and founded the Richard & Beth Sackler Foundation based in Rockefeller Plaza, New York City.
- His family's total net worth is estimated to be around $13 billion.
- The Sackler family is facing lawsuits accusing them of illegally profiteering from the opioid epidemic.
- Ira Rennert runs the Renco Group holding company based in Rockefeller Plaza, New York City.
- His net worth is estimated to be around $3.0 billion.
- Rennert was found guilty of looting millions from his company, Mag Corp, to build his private estate.