Reputation Management (March 24 A)
The following are the additional B2B or B2C companies/organizations in the United Kingdom that would be potential candidates for reputation management services: EasyJet, PeoplePerHour, PC Specialist, Burberry, Tesla UK, Stagecoach Group, Virgin Holdings, Lush, 2 Sisters Food Group, and Gillette. More information has been stated in the attached spreadsheet.
- Last year, 2019, EasyJet received a backlash of criticism and complaints on Twitter and negative press for the brand, when it asked a passenger to remove an image he had posted of a backless seat in which another passenger was required to sit while on the plane.
- PeoplePerHour launched a series of ads stating, "You do the girl boss thing we’ll do the SEO thing," that was considered sexist and offensive by the public, and condemned by "industry professionals like Lisa Myers and Emma Sexton."
- PC Specialist adverts were banned for pushing gender stereotypes after some viewers complained, negatively positioning them in the press.
- Recently, Tesla UK suffered a reputation crisis when the CEO Elon Musk termed a heroic British diver, who rescued boys trapped in a flooded cave, a pedophile on Twitter.
- Stagecoach Group and Virgin Holdings were blamed in 2018, receiving negative press, when the UK government terminated Virgin Trains East Coast franchise, held by the two companies, for failure to meet its financial commitments to the government.
To obtain the insights and information on the additional B2B or B2C companies/organizations in the United Kingdom, which would be potential candidates for reputation management services, we researched through credible news articles and industry publications such as BBC, Independent, Reuters, and Telegraph among others and identified articles of the organizations in the region that during recent years are reported to have undergone major public criticism, lawsuits, business losses, and other similar instances, causing poor reputation for the organization and assuming to be potential prospects for expecting reputation management services.