Reputation Management (Feb 18)
As highlighted within the enclosed spreadsheet, a diverse array of UK companies from a variety of industries could benefit from reputation management services.
UK B2B and B2C Company Overview
- Fulford, UK-based Persimmon was highlighted as having experienced one of the top "six shocking reputation disasters" in 2018 by Igniyte after it was revealed that the house-builder paid its chief executive a £110 million bonus despite widespread affordability issues in the local housing market.
- London, UK-based Pret A Manger was similarly reported as having experienced one of the top "six shocking reputation disasters" after a 15-year-old British customer died after consuming one of the food retailer's sandwiches.
- Edinburgh, UK-based TSB was also covered as having experienced one of the top "six shocking reputation disasters" after the bank experienced "one of the worst" IT failures in the UK's banking history.
- The reputation of Harmondsworth, UK-based British Airways has fallen to a four-year low after a series of challenging and high profile incidents at the airline, including a data breach as well as IT issues that left passengers stranded.
- London, UK-based BP continues to struggle with ongoing negative press in the UK as well as from top-tier global outlets, most recently after a new study revealed that its Deepwater Horizon's oil spill was "much larger and deadlier" than previously understood.
- The Edinburgh, UK-based Royal Bank of Scotland similarly faces continued negative press in the UK, which asserts that RBS is still a "toxic brand" ten years after the bank almost failed.
- Meanwhile, Reading, UK-based Thames Water has been put on a national report, after the water company was found to be "topping complaints" by the region's consumers following a series of high-profile failures.
- Coventry, UK-based Severn Trent is another water company that has faced national condemnation after severe public failures, such as leaving sewage around the homes of local customers.
- According to RepTrak, London, UK-based RSA Insurance is one of several companies that has seen the "biggest reputational declines" among British consumers between 2017 and 2018.
- Finally, London, UK-based British American Tobacco has suffered from ongoing negative sentiment and press, most recently due to its advertising practices on social media.
Reputation Management (Feb 18) - 2
B2B or B2C companies/organizations in the United Kingdom who would be potential candidates for reputation management services are GlaxoSmithKline, Vodafone, EE Limited, Ryanair Holdings Plc, Legal & General, Unilever, HSBC Holdings, British Petroleum Company Plc (BP), Tesco, and Royal Dutch Shell. The requested information is available in the attached spreadsheet.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a pharmaceutical business that manufactures global products and has more than 99,000 employees worldwide.
- The company generates a revenue of about £30.821 billion ($39.8 billion).
- Martyn Blakeley serves as its global digital commerce marketing director (UK).
- Vodafone is a telecommunication provider with operations in 25 nations in Africa, Oceania, Asia, and Europe.
- The company has a revenue of over €46.571 billion ($50.3 billion).
- Iris Meijer is the company's marketing director.
Legal & General
Unilever is a leading consumer goods company, producing and selling about 400 brands such as Sunsilk, Dove, Lipton, Axe, Rexona, Omo, and Magnum in over 190 countries.
- It generates a revenue of €50.982 billion ($64.9 billion).
- Conny Braams is Unilever's chief digital and marketing officer.
- With operations in 64 nations, as well as territories, in Latin and North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and North Africa, HSBC operates as one of the world's largest financial services and banking entities.
- The company has over 40 million customers and 235,000 employees.
- It generates a revenue of about $53.8 billion.
- Samir Assaf serves as its chief executive global banking and markets.
British Petroleum Company Plc (BP)
- Established by William Knox D'Arcy in 1909, the British Petroleum Company is widely-known for power generation, as well as the distribution, trading, and exploration of oil and gas minerals.
- Lauren Outhred is BP's head of brand marketing.
- Its revenue amounts to $298.75 billion.
Royal Dutch Shell
Ryanair Holdings Plc
- Ryanair Holdings Plc is the largest airline group in Europe, connecting more than 200 destinations in about 40 nations with 154 million annual customers.
- EE is a member of the BT Group. It is one of UK's biggest and most advanced digital communications companies, offering services related to mobile and fixed communications. It has about 553 various retail stores and services over "31 million connections across its mobile, fixed and wholesale networks."