Reputation Management-Part 1
As a top billionaire, it may be necessary to have an online reputation management service to monitor and address an individual's online presence. Reputation management service can assist in ensuring that negative articles in the press do not affect the credibility of one's established business or career.
Full details of the following ten individuals who would be potential candidates for reputation management services can be found on the attached spreadsheet.
1) Michael Bloomberg
- Bloomberg's reported net worth is $58.8 billion.
- As mayor of New York City, Michael Bloomberg supported the NYPD's "stop-and-frisk" policy that targeted minority men.
2) Thomas Steyer
- Thomas Steyer's reported net worth is $1.6 billion.
- Thomas Stayer has been known to offer private campaign contributions to local politicians in exchange for endorsements for his bid for the White House.
3) Richard Hayne
- Richard Hayne's reported net worth is $1.1 billion.
- Richard Hayne's company Urban Outfitters was reported to have its stocks drop after the departure of the company's president.
4) Ronald Perelman
- Ronald Perelman's reported net worth is $8.3 billion.
- Ronald Perelman has been reported to have used Revlon's reputation to influence the news in the media and press about him.
5) Charles Koch
- Charles Koch's reported net worth is $42.9 billion.
- It is reported that Charles Koch's foundations provide a significant amount of monetary support for pro-Trump media.
6) Len Blatvanik
- Len Blatvanik's reported net worth is $19.5 billion.
- Len Blatvanik's donation to the GOP has been reported to have ties to a previous Russian government official.
7) John Willard “Bill” Marriott Jr. and Richard Marriott
- Bill Marriott Jr.'s and Richard Marriott's reported combined net worth is $60 billion.
- The 2017 dispute in which Bill's son sued him and Richard exposed reports of substance abuse and allegations of mistreatment within the family.
8) William Conway Jr.
- William Conway Jr.'s reported net worth is $3.5 billion.
- The Carlyle Group, the company that Conway is co-CEO and co-Founder of with David Rubenstein, has been reported to have used influence peddling to make controversial business deals.
9) Jacqueline Mars
- Jacqueline Mars reported net worth is $30.4 billion.
- Mars has been reported for reckless driving in the past.
10) Wilbur Ross
- Wilbur Ross's reported net worth is $860 million.
- In 2017, it was reported that Wilbur Ross had connections to Vladimir Putin's inner circle.
To begin this research, a search was conducted with the keywords "top billionaires 2019 negative press." Several articles were found, and these lists were used to isolate the individuals from the requested cities/areas. In addition, other searches were conducted with the city/area added to the key word search, such as "top billionaires Washington DC" or "top billionaires New York City." From this search, the individuals found were searched individually to find any articles written regarding negative press.