Remote Imaging of the Eye - Companies
Seven companies that have hardware or software for remote imaging of the eye and transmit images for assessment include Next Sight, Optomed, D-Eye, Welch Allyn, Phoenix Technology Group, Volk, and Essilor Instruments. Details regarding the solutions provided by these companies have been provided below.
- Nexy by Next Sight captures high definition retinal images by combining advanced imaging technology and robotic movements.
- Nexy is a device that comes with a fundus camera.
- The device uses a telemedicine platform to transmit retina images for remote consultation.
- Optomed Link is a solution that virtually links a retinal imaging device with a professional eye doctor.
- The solution provides swift access to medical consultations.
- Using Optomed Link, customers can receive retinal imaging reports that have been analyzed by a specialist.
- D-Eye transforms the iPhone to a Digital Direct Ophthalmoscope that has the capability of capturing high definition videos and images of the fundus oculi.
- The images can be transmitted for clinical assessment using the system.
- Regular screenings can be conducted using the D-Eye system for further evaluation.
- The Welch Allyn iExaminer system enables one to take images of the retinal nerve and fundus using an iPhone.
- The images can be stored to a patient file then printed or sent via email to an eye specialist.
- The iExaminer system consists of a PanOptic Ophthalmoscope, iExaminer Adapter, and the iExaminer App.
- Phoenix Connect by Phoenix Technology Group is a telemedicine platform for retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) screening.
- The system remotely connects teams in nursing, ophthalmology, and neonatology to facilitate the professional screening of babies in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) swiftly.
- Using this platform, reports can be generated and sent to the NICU.
- Pictor Plus by Volk is a lightweight ophthalmic camera that can take high definition retinal images in daylight and in the dark.
- Due to its high resolution images, Pictor Plus is effective for follow-up treatments and initial screenings.
- Image sharing is one of the features if Pictor Plus. Images can be transferred through a USB port or WiFi.
- The RETINA400E Fundus Camera is Essilor Instruments' solution to high resolution retinal imagery. The device has automated operations and uses intuitive software.
- RETINA400E uses ANAEYES software, which increases the speed of processing and analysis.
- Results and images from the device can be analyzed remotely.