Recruitment Campaigns to Hire Healthcare Professionals
Some of the best practices that healthcare companies and recruitment solutions providers recommend include having an on-campus recruiting program, using technology to streamline the recruitment process, and leveraging job boards.
- According to a solutions provider who has served several healthcare clients, one of the best practices when recruiting for healthcare companies is to focus on recruiting inside campuses.
- Currently, there is a shortage of skilled healthcare professionals that are qualified to work.
- Healthcare jobs typically demand that candidates possess advanced degrees and certifications.
- Given this, companies should take advantage of meeting students that are in the process of completing these courses.
- This can enable healthcare companies to identify potential candidates while they are still in school.
- Potential employers can then nurture these promising candidates with the purpose of getting them into their hiring shortlist.
- The hiring managers can then act as the coaches of these students to help them discover their career road map.
- Potential employers can take advantage of opportunities to give talks during classes or student events.
- They should also offer internships to potential candidates. These internship stints can help students to accelerate their career growth in this industry.
- By offering internships, companies can leave a lasting impression on the potential candidates in a way that also elicits loyalty.
- Given the limited number of dental students and the scarcity of dental schools in the country, dental companies will have to ensure that they are in touch with potential new hires early on.
- Aspen Dental is a dental services organization that has a campus recruiting program.
- It also aims to build relationships with promising students.
Applying Technology in the Recruitment Process
- Innovations in technology can help facilitate the recruitment process.
- It can also help in making the healthcare recruiting process to be more cost-effective by "improving costly time-to-fill metrics," bringing down agency costs, and simplifying the recruitment process.
- On top of the enhanced metrics and productivity, using technology in the hiring process can enable healthcare firms to engage with the candidates through mobile devices wherever they are.
- Around 89% of job applicants consider their mobile devices as crucial in their quest for a job.
- Around 78% of millennials were found to search and apply for available positions on their mobile phones.
- As more potential recruits use their mobile devices when looking for jobs, companies can have a better chance of engaging with them regularly through these technologies.
- Recruiters should then ensure that they can provide a mobile-ready job application system to ride on this trend.
- Having a mobile-friendly application system can make it easy for hard-to-find candidates to apply for jobs.
- It can eliminate the usual pain points and inefficiencies that candidates normally encounter when going through the hiring process.
- Healthcare companies can use recruitment solutions such as the one provided by ClearCompany.
- ClearCompany's platform is mobile-friendly and can reach the target talent through their mobile devices.
- The company's platform is being used by healthcare firms such as First Light Home Care, Sagora Senior Living, the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, and others.
Posting in the Right Job Boards
- Job boards were always considered as one of the best resources to post healthcare-related jobs.
- Posting job openings through this channel can make the effort more efficient and can increase the probability of meeting qualified passive and active prospects.
- Some of the popular job boards in the industry include the following:
- For dental-related jobs, the following are the ones recommended by the Dentist Entrepreneur Organization:
- Dentaltown.com Classifieds
- JoinDSO.com Jobs
- Academy of LDS Dentists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental Placement Pros
These best practices were also incorporated in slide 6 of the shared presentation slides.
To find best practices in healthcare recruitment, we looked through the career pages of healthcare firms, healthcare recruitment agencies, healthcare or dental recruitment solutions providers, and other similar sites. We then found the common practices that these sites recommend to recruit candidates more efficiently. We then chose those practices that are highly recommended and used by several healthcare or dental companies when recruiting candidates.