Single Board Computer Market Size
While the size of the US market for single-board computers could not be determined, the global market for single-board computers was worth $2,060 million in 2019. The size of the single-board computer market in the Americas is estimated to worth $679.8 million in 2019.
Single-Board Computers Market Analysis
- The global single-board computer (SBC) market entails the market for computers that are built on a "single circuit board and contains functional computer components including the microprocessor, input/output (I/O) and memory."
- By type, the market is segmentation into x86, ARM, power, and others.
- The global market was worth $2,060 million in 2019 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.6% to hit $2,400 million by 2024.
- Raspberry pi, Advantech, AAEON, Trenton Systems, and Curtiss-Wright are some key players in the global SBC market.
- According to a market report by Technavio, "single-board computers are majorly used in embedded systems, particularly in embedded PCs."
- The report also stipulates that in 2017, the Americas had a 33% share of the global embedded industrial PC market.
- Assuming the share of the Americas in the global embedded industrial PC market mirrors that of the global SBC market, and remains the same till 2019, this means that the size of the SBC market in the Americas in 2019 was $679.8 million (i.e $2,060 million*33%).
To determine the size of the SBC market in the U.S., your research team commenced with an exhaustive search for the number of SBCs in the U.S. We scoured through market research reports and expert publications to determine the total number of SBCs in the U.S. but was unsuccessful. We switched focus to find the size of the market in USD. While we found reports on the size of the global market, the share of the U.S. in the global market was gated by a paywall. Furthermore, we tried to determine the market share of some key players in the industry which we could use to estimate the size of the market but no relevant information was found on public data. In the course of this research, we found a report on the global embedded industrial PC market which provided the share of the Americas. Although this data is not specifically for the U.S. or the SBC market, we used this data to estimate the size of the SBC market in the Americas as an alternative data since the SBC market is a component of the embedded industrial PC market.