Rare Disease Research: Slides (5)
Slide six of this presentation is populated with the details of Society for Science and the Public. This is a non-profit organization that runs competitions for students in STEM. These competitions have one of the highest rewards in education-related competitions.
Society for Science and the Public
- This organization was founded in 1921 and initially known as Science Service.
- This organization focuses on ensuring that STEM education is effective and supporting scientific literacy and research.
- The outreach efforts by this organization is packaged as follows: "Advocate Programs, Middle School Research Teachers Conference, High School Research Teachers Conference, Science News in High Schools, STEM Action Grants, and STEM Research Grants."
- These competitions have about 70,000 alumni and at least 100,000 subscribing members.
- Top companies/organizations that have funded any of the organization's efforts include Broadcom Foundation and National Geographic Society.
- The annual amount available for expenditure is $26,102,233.