Competitive Landscape: Part 1
A competitive analysis of TopicPulse has been provided in row 2, columns C-F of the attached spreadsheet. TopicPulse is used by over 1,000 radio and television companies in 20 countries. Below are highlights of TopicPulse competitive analysis.
- AI-Powered show-prep systems that identify what the target audience is talking about, scans through various Social media platforms and over 100,000 news outlets to pick out the top news topics in real time.
- The platform is able to generate idea starters which are sent by email or through the TopicPulse mobile app. These ideas are presented in a manner that they can be easily applied on air or through social platforms.
- This platform is able to generate instant videos that are aligned with the TopicPulse IdeaStarter and can fit into the client's station's voice-over and branding.
- TopicPulse is able to discover stories that have a high probability of going viral before they actually do. This can allow a station to be on top of the conversation on air, as well as, on digital platforms.
- TopicPulse is capable of tracking trending topics on social media that have a low news coverage. This allows its customers to lead these stories before their competitors air them.
- This tool sends out breaking news alerts to its clients on the go, thereby allowing them to be abreast with all the major news at all times.
- TopicPulse provides detailed analytics and insights on topics that generate the most audience engagement. Examples of these data include: Demographics, growth trajectory, and social traction.
- The platform has built-in customization features which allow its clients to specify the metrics to be used to track topics (that is, by category, format, audience, market or demo)
Competitive Landscape: Part 2
Competitive Landscape: Part 3
- The Morning Skoop is packed with relationship-related prep. This feature has a number of relationship-related reports including: Marriage relationships, top topics that interest women, dealing with breakups, and expectations of women to their male partners among other topics.
- This tool is equipped with over 350 show openers.
- The platform has various song parodies that are aligned with current holidays, events and special events among others. The songs are recorded in high-quality making it pleasant to the listeners.
- The Morning Skoop has instrument music beds. These instrumentals include all genres which can be used under various situations (like show banter, phone calls and bits among other situations).
- Additional features of this platform include: Phone starters, music news, Hollywood news, jokes, montages, sound effects, trivia or contents, lifestyle information, health and fitness information, sweepers, odd news stories, artist fun facts, political information, social media stuff, topical audio clips, female demo content, calendar of events, and male demo content.
- KDPX-FM in Pine Bluff, AR.
- KABW-FM in Abilene, TX.
- KLLY-FM in Bakersfield, CA.
- KSTV-FM in Stephenville, TX.
- KUMU-FM in Honolulu, HI.
- WKIT-FM in Bangor, ME.
- KTMX-FM in York, NE.
- WKBQ-FM in Covington, TN.
- WCLG-FM in Morgantown, WV.
- WFGM-FM in Barrackville, WV.
- KNUT-FM in Tamuning, GU.
- KDAL-FM in Duluth, MN.
- KBCQ-FM in Roswell, NM.
- KQSC-FM in Colorado Springs, CO.
- WSMD-FM in Mechanicsville, MD.
- WKIK-FM in California, MD.
- KHUT-FM in Hutchinson, KS.
- WQRB-FM in Bloomer, WI.
- WFOY-FM in St. Augustine, FL.
In order to gather data concerning the competitive analysis of the Morning Skoop, your research team leveraged a number of research techniques. We commenced our analysis by reviewing the company's website. Here we found a majority of the data. However, there were no insights on the platform's clients or total reach. Next, we search through the company's social media profiles. This technique uncovered a number of radio stations that had subscribed to the firm's services. Unfortunately, there was no information on the total number of radio stations that were using the Morning Skoop. Consequently, we expanded our search to include industry sources (like the Radio Directory), press release aggregators (such as, PRNewswire) and general news platforms (like Bloomberg and Forbes). Nonetheless, information on the Morning Skoop's total number of clients was publicly unavailable. This could be the due to the company's desire to keep such information private.
Competitive Landscape: Part 4
ReelWorld's Prep+ competitive analysis has been provided in row five, columns C-F of the attached spreadsheet. Prep+ is used on a daily basis by hundreds of stations. Below are highlights of this competitive analysis.
- ReelWorld's writers ensure that they provide Prep+ users with constantly updated content. The company's writers work around the clock to update film, music, entertainment, breaking news, celebrity news and niche lifestyle content. Also, all this content is presented in an easy format to ensure radio presenters have interesting topics to discuss on-air coupled with supporting audio footage.
- Prep+ offers information stacks. These stacks are fully customisable and shareable system folders where Prep+ users are able to drag and drop their stories. Users can organize data into granular stacks (that is, organized per minute, per break, per hour, per day, per month or year) or simple folders (like, today and tomorrow’s stories). Furthermore, users are able to collaborate (with their teams) in real-time.
- The platform allows users to filter content based on their target demographic leading to increased user engagement.
- This tool has the capability of pushing on-air (radio) content to social media circles (that is, Facebook, Twitter and RSS). Similarly, Prep+ includes features for discovering online (that is, RSS, Facebook and Twitter) trending topics and presenting them in the on-air prep system.
- This platform assimilates both prep and station business in a seamless manner. Promotion directors have the ability to include radio station information into Prep+ thereby satisfying the needs of all the stakeholders.
- Prep+ delivers stories with their appropriate audio and video content in an easily accessible format. This reduces the amount of time that radio station team's waste in trying to gather relevant audio and video content from separate sources.