Market Sizing and Segmentation
- Most of the subsectors of the entertainment industry provided had revenues of more than $50 billion.
- The global film and video market had the highest market value of $234.9 billion.
The report below contains the market size for various subsectors of the entertainment industry. These sectors include cinema, TV, OTT/Streaming, music, internet advertising, eSports and gaming.
- In 2020, the global film and video market reached a value of nearly $234.9 billion.
- The global TV market is expected to reach $234.2 billion in 2021.
- In 2021, the global OTT streaming market was valued at $129.67 billion.
- The global music recording market was valued at $54.22 billion in 2020.
- In 2021, the global gaming market was valued at $173.70 billion in 2021.
- The global eSports market was valued at just over 1.08 billion in 2021.
- In 2020, the global digital advertising and marketing market was estimated to be $350 billion.
To provide the market size of each of the subsectors of the entertainment industry, we leverage the most reputable sources available in the public domain, especially market reports from Globe News Wire Business Insider, Mordor Intelligence, and IBISWorld. For the subsegments that we could not find 2021 data, we provided data for 2020 instead.