Decentralized Finance Market
Information on the current market size, expected growth rate, and expected future market size for the DeFi, NFT, and smart contract markets have been provided below. Any calculations done have also been provided below.
Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Market
- The DeFi market exploded in 2020, growing 14 times in that year. It is now a multibillion-dollar market worth $81.85 billion, with experts predicting even more growth in the future.
- According to Micro Small Cap, the global DeFi market is expected to grow 10 times by 2022, hitting about $800 billion.
- In the next 5 years, the DeFi market is expected to grow 100 times hitting about $8 trillion, according to Coin Telegraph.
- The expected future DeFi market size in the next 5 years = Current DeFi market size * 100 = $8.185 billion * 100 = $818.5 billion (about $800 billion)
- According to JP Morgan, the current global market size of the NFT market is about $7 billion.
- Over the next 10-plus years, the global NFT market is expected to grow 1,000 fold, to about $7 trillion.
- The expected future NFT market size in 10-plus years = Current NFT market size * 1,000 = $7 billion * 1,000 = $7 trillion
Smart Contracts Market
- According to Valuates Reports, the global market size of the Smart Contracts Markets in 2019 was $106.7 million.
- Between 2021 and 2026, the global market size of the smart contracts market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.1%, reaching $345.4 million in five years (2026).
For this research on the current market size, expected growth rate, and expected future market size for the DeFi, NFT, and smart contract markets, we leveraged the most reputable sources of information that were available in the public domain, including financial news sites like Nasdaq, and media sites such as Business Insider, PR News Wire, and Coin Telegraph.