Best Graphic Design Programs
- Some of the best programs for graphic designing include CorelDraw Graphics Suite, Inkscape, Sketch, Affinity Designer, GIMP, Xara Designer Pro X, and Gravit Designer.
- CorelDraw Graphics Suite has a customizable UI environment.
- Inkscape is free open-source platform.
- This research provides a list of the best programs for graphic design, including the details of each software.
CorelDraw Graphics Suite
- Here is CorelDraw Graphics Suite's website.
- It is Corel’s online digital library.
- Registered users can get access to thousands of high-resolution photographs and digital images.
- It offers over 2000 vehicle templates, 1000 fonts, 350 professionally designed templates, over 500 interactive frames, with 600 gradients, vector, and bitmap fills.
- Corel has 3 flexible payment programs through which users can buy the software along with nominal charges for regular upgrades.
- It has a customizable UI environment for the desktop, icon sizing, toolboxes, options for how your documents open, and a window border color scheme.
- Users can also visit Corel’s developer community website to design macros that suit their workflow.
- With Corel’s new pointilizer, a lot of variable parameters are not just limited to regular dots.
- It works perfectly without any lag with Surface Pen.
- Here is a link to Inkscape's website.
- Inkscape provides updates and new features regularly
- The latest update features mesh gradients, a checkerboard background to view transparency more comfortably, improved spray, and measurement tools.
- It is free open-source platform.
- It comes equipped with Bezier handles to ensure a more effortless movement of nodes.
- Ready-made plugins can be created and downloaded.
- Individual text lines without frames can be made along with the paragraph type.
- Here is a link to Sketch's website.
- The platform is mobile and web-friendly; it leverages grids, snaps to grid functionality, and snap to pixel functionality to prevent half-pixel renders or imperfect alignment.
- It offers screen templates with a library of artboard templates for iOS devices and responsive web design layouts.
- It has custom plugins for specific tasks with robust community support.
- Users can mirror designs on larger devices for team viewing to see how the design would appear in a particular device.
- The platform autosaves all the changes in the design step by step to prevent any loss of design.
- Users can easily share files and collaborate through the cloud.
- It requires a low learning curve.
- Here is a link to Affinity Designer's website.
- Affinity Designer has a versatile grid system that allows the creation of isometric video game graphics and icons.
- It has a snapping option that allows users to lock and position objects and elements including grids, alignment guides, shapes, and nodes of other objects.
- It offers a dual environment - pixel art environments and vector art environments for usage without opening any other application.
- With its zoom feature, users can go as far as 1,000,000 percent in designing with utmost precision and accuracy.
- It offers a wide selection of colors to enhance designs.
- Its Boolean operation not only combines shapes, but also efficiently moves and edits some parts.
- Here is a link to Gravit Designer's website.
- Gravit Designer is a powerful graphic design tool that can be used for precise design.
- Whether working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design, presentations, or social media—or just like creating cool art—Gravit Designer PRO provides the user with all the power, precision, and flexibility required to unleash creativity.
- Its features include accessibility, unlimited flexibility, ease of use for beginners, touch interface, cloud integration, among other features.
Xara Designer Pro X
- Here is a link to Xara Designer Pro X's website.
- Xara Designer Pro+ is Xara's flagship product and includes all the "illustration, photo editing, DTP and web design features of Photo & Graphic Designer, Web Designer Premium and Page & Layout Designer."
- The product is known for its speed and unequaled ease of use, making it not just a highly productive tool, but a pleasure to be creative.
- Some of its features include ease of use, high speed, zoom to 25,000%, top quality screen display, solid object editing, online editing and collaboration, among other features.
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
- Here is a link to GIMP's website.
- GIMP is a "cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, macOS, Windows and more operating systems. It is free software, you can change its source code and distribute your changes."
To determine the best programs for graphic designing, we reviewed several pre-compiled lists of the best apps for graphic designing such as the lists by 99Designs, Just Creative, Finance Online, Find Stack, Pixpa, Tech Radar, and Adam Enfroy. Next, we reviewed some industry reports on the graphic design software market such as the reports by Cognitive Market Research and Market Watch. From the list of software, we selected the apps that were consistent with our lists.