A competitive landscape has been completed for Quadpay and nine competitors. Quadplay was recently acquired by ZipPay and increases the coverage of ZipPay to the United States.
- The competitive landscape may be viewed in the attached spreadsheet.
- Competitors to Quadpay were selected on the basis of their offerings to the client and merchant. Each company selected offers a buy now, pay later service to customers and merchants.
- Competitors selected were ZipPay, Sezzle, Affirm, AfterPay, SplitIt, Klarna, FuturePay, DivideBuy, and ViaBill.
- The business model was relatively similar for all. The majority charges the merchant a fee per transaction, and the consumer has 0% interest if they pay within the agreed upon time frame. Some companies had small fees for the consumer also, but they were minimal, like a monthly service charge.
- Some merchants extend the average payment period of six to eight weeks and offer credit where the customer pays over a longer period of time and incurs an interest charge.
- Integrations were similar across all the companies. Smaller companies tended to have fewer integrations. All companies have APIs.