Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund
Some investing strategies of the Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund include investments in its acquired companies such as LetsGetChecked and ZappRx with the primary objective of driving drive innovation and enhancing the support for the companies. Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund has made a number of investments since its inception that clearly shows its strategies vividly.
OVERVIEW OF THE INVESTING STRATEGIES AND GOALS OF THE QIMING US HEALTHCARE FUND
- Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund's primary objective to drive innovation and grow business enterprises as well as to promote overall industry advancement and social development.
- The company's goal is to help its partner companies to be successful in every manner.\
- The company primarily focuses on early stage health care opportunities across the US.
- The company's main strategy is to enhance the support for its acquired companies such as LetsGetChecked, ZappRx etc by providing sufficient investments to the companies from time to time.
- In 2018, Qiming US Healthcare Fund invested $12 million in LetsGetChecked. The funding was provided with the objective of scaling LetsGetChecked, enhancing development of the technology platform that links customers to laboratories, and for growing the full clinical support team.
- In 2017, Qiming US Healthcare Fund invested $25 million in ZappRx with the aim of enhancing the company's team, accelerate company growth, and drive provider adoption across the US.
- In 2017, Qiming US Healthcare Fund also invested $10 million in Platelet BioGenesis, a Boston-based spin-out from Harvard University laboratories. The investment was provided to “repeat investigation new drug-enabling studies and establish a scalable industrial process to manufacture clinical grade platelets".
- Qiming US Healthcare Fund was established in the US a subsidiary Qiming Venture Partners in 2017 and it is headquartered in Seattle, WA.
- The company primary areas of interest include bio-therapeutics, med tech and digital health technologies.
- Qiming US Healthcare Fund's equity investments range from $5 to $12 million.
COMPANY FUNDING SOURCES
- The only funding source of Qiming US Healthcare Fund is its parent company that is QIming Venture Partners.
- In April 2018, Qiming Venture Partners invested $120 million in Qiming US Healthcare Fund.
- In 2019, Qiming Venture Partners raised $250 million for Qiming US Healthcare Fund.
COMPANY'S TRACK RECORD
- According to Gary Rieschel, the founding Managing Partner of Qiming US Healthcare Fund, the performance of Qiming US Healthcare Fund has validated that company's team and sector are focused on strategy.
- Qiming US Healthcare Fund has generated positive returns to LPs, as well as in each sector of operation having multiple successful IPOs in the last two years.
Your Research Team Applied the Following Strategy:
We commenced our research to determine the investing strategy of the Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund by first looking for the data points regarding the company's investing strategy, goals, history, funding sources and track record of the company in areas of its operations. We first reviewed the official website of the company by scanning through its press releases, media releases and other relevant sections. Unfortunately there was very limited information available on its official website. However, from going through all of its press releases, we were able to identify its investing strategies. We then searched through databases that host companies' profiles, media outlets, financial market databases and press release databases such as Crunchbase, PR News Wire, Seeking Alpha and Finsmes. From these sources we were able to obtain most of the relevant information. However, since the company is relatively new (just founded in 2017) there is very limited info available regarding its track record. Yet we have provided some very relevant performance insights of the company in track record section that we were able to obtain.
We then searched through researches, surveys, and/or case studies ever done in the past two years regarding the company hoping to obtain any related facts or insights regarding "how the company has performed" or "how much revenue has it gathered", etc so that we could add more data to the track record section. We searched through research databases such as Research Gate, Research Guides, Pew Research, etc. Unfortunately, none of the sources contained any relevant information most likely due to the unavailability of such data as no previous researches or case studies seem to have been conducted on this topic.
We then attempted to look for the statistics of the company market in a hope to get any relevant insight regarding its performance over these two years since its foundation. We searched through news journals and online magazine such as US News, The Economist, etc. We also searched through private companies' data sets such as Statista, Forrester, DB Hoover, Forbes and Investopedia. Unfortunately neither the above databases yielded any relevant results or related to the funding provided by Qiming U.S. Healthcare Fund apart from what we had earlier found in our research.
Limitations of the Research
There is very limited information available related to the track record of the company, most probably because the company is very new and also due to the fact that it has not publicized any annual report or revenue yet.