Public Rail Transport Publications and Research
This research provides a list of publications. For each, this research will present the publication date and the frequency. Some of these publications are not recurring. This list of articles/publications/reports was compiled during the allocated research time.
Public Rail Transport in Canada
- "Rail Transportation in Canada - Market Research Report" by IBISWorld. This report was published on June 18, 2020. IBISWorld has 15 reports that address Canada's Transportation and Warehousing sector. The report listed above is the only one that addresses rail transportation. This report is constantly being updated with new information.
- The direct report link, screenshots, and relevant purchase information are presented in this document.
- This report covers:
Railway Association of Canada
- The official website of the Railway Association of Canada has a media page that contains the latest news, press releases, and social media posts. Links to some recent publications are listed below.
- "North American Freight Rail Associations Commemorate CUSMA Implementation" was published on July 2, 2020.
- "The RAC Congratulates Carole Saab on FCM CEO Appointment" was published on May 26, 2020.
- "Ensuring Canadian Rail’s Leadership Role in Canada’s Climate Change Solution" was published on February 6, 2020.
- "Celebrating a Decade of Moving Canada’s Economy Forward" was published on December 30, 2019.
- According to the Statistics Canada website, there were various annual publications that were discontinued and archived in 2011. These publications These "Rail in Canada" reports were published annually from 1996 until 2011. Links to each of these reports can be found here.
- By applying filters to the various parameters, we have discovered 32 reports with different frequencies. The list of reports, their publication dates, and their frequencies have been provided added to the google document as well.
- “Rail terminal performance indicator, Transport Canada” is a weekly publication that was last released on August 28, 2020.
- “Performance indicators of grain transportation by rail, Transport Canada” is a weekly publication that was last released on August 28, 2020.
- “Rail system performance indicators, by commodities, Transport Canada” is a weekly publication that was last released on August 28, 2020.
- “Rail system performance indicator, by type of rail car, Transport Canada” is a weekly publication that was last released on August 28, 2020.
- “Freight Rail Services Price Index” is a monthly publication that was last released on August 26, 2020.
- “Freight Rail Services Price Index, percentage change” is a monthly publication that was last released on August 26, 2020.
- “Railway carloadings statistics, by total tonnage transported” is a monthly publication that was last released on August 26, 2020.
- “Multimodal Safety and Security Programs Oversight Delivery Indicators, by federal government fiscal year quarter, Transport Canada” is a quarterly publication that was last released on August 12, 2020.
- “Transportation activity indicators, Transport Canada” is a monthly publication that was last released on July 31, 2020.
- “Transportation activity indicators, percentage change, Transport Canada” is a monthly publication that was last released on August 26, 2020.
- This source provides several reports that address rail transport in Canada. It provides various reports categorized as follows: overview, segment, and companies. Each of these categories has several reports under them. A compilation of these tables is provided under the report: "Rail Industry in Canada" was published in 2020. Access to this report would cost $495.
Our research team has provided links to 10 publications and industry reports from Statistics Canada. This research also reveals that there are 22 additional publications and industry reports that can be included to expand this list. Additionally, this research has identified other sources such as Statista and IBISWorld where the information is hidden behind a paywall.