SoFi gas aired 54 commercials on television to date. They currently have three commercials running on television. Their 2018 marketing spend was $200 million. The majority of their commercials target the struggling millennial.
USE OF COMMERCIALS
- SoFi has aired 54 commercials on television, and has been a Super Bowl advertiser. In the last week, they had 1,865 commercials aired.
- "Get Your Money Right With SoFi" is 30 second commercial that is currently being aired. The commercial revolves around the idea that with rising costs people need a side hustle just to get by. SoFi will help get their financial back on track with help with home loans, student loans, investing and credit card debt.
- "Personal Loans CC" is a 30-second commercial that is currently being aired. The commercial discusses how one in four millenials have debt they will die with, with most of it being credit card debt. SoFi has the solution with their personal loans of up to $100,000 for no fee.
- "Refinancing Student Loans" is a 30-second commercial that is currently being aired. This commercial focuses around refinancing student loan debt and getting better interest rates.
- "Get Your Credit Card Debt Right With SoFi" aired in 2019 as a 30-second commercial. This commercial focused on millennials and credit card debt, and how using personal loans can help get them back on track.
- "Time To Get Your Student Loans Right" aired in 2019 as a 30-second commercial. The commercial states that by re-financing student loans, millenials can save enough money to work towards their other financial goals.
- "Brand Mirror" aired in 2019 as a 30-second commercial. The commercial has a message for millenials. They work hard, but it seems that all they get is the hot dog bun instead of the whole hot dog. SoFi has the answers with student load consolidation, personal loans, home loans, investing, and credit card debt personal loans.
- "It's Baby Time" aired in 2019 as a 30-second commercial. An expecting couple has just bought a house, but now they need money to get the house ready. They decide to take out a SoFi personal loan.
- "Underpaid" aired in 2019 as a 30-second commercial. SoFi believes you are being underpaid. They want to help you make more money with a hybrid account that earns 2.25% APY.
- "Get Your Money Right: Expensive" aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. It featured a discussion around college, bills, and life in general being expensive. The SoFi app can help manage those expenses.
- "Tiny Kitchen" aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. The commercial features a kitchen in need of remodeling, but there is no money. Instead, they feature tiny-scale kitchen appliances as their remodel.
- "Debt Free" aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. It features a college graduate thinking about her student loans and how bad they were before she refinanced with SoFi. She now can get a new car and travel.
- "Business School" aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. A man is thinking back on his six credit cards he had after graduating from business school. He got a SoFi personal loan right after he got engaged, and now he is able to contribute to his wedding.
- "And More" aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. The theme revolves around wanting to do so many things with your money, and needing guidance. SoFi helps manage finances and keeps you debt free.
- "Get My Money Back" was aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. It was centered around overdraft fees and introduced their hybrid account that earns 2% APY, has no cost, and has free ATMs.
- "Wrecking Ball" was aired in 2018 as a 30-second commercial. It revolves around fees and how everyone hates them. SoFi got rid of fees on personal loans (and smashed them with a wrecking ball).
- "The Real Cost" aired in 2017 as a 30-second commercial. The commercial revolves around being honest about the real cost of things, once you apply credit card interest. SoFi rates could be lower than credit card rates, thus making things cost less.
- "We Are" aired in 2017 as a 30-second commercial. This was centered around their beliefs as a business and how they are driven and dedicated.
- "This Is The Beginning Of A Bankless World" was SoFi's 2016 Superbowl commercial that ran for 45 seconds. It was a play on the 2008 financial crisis.
ONLINE VIDEO ONLY COMMERCIALS
- "Invest: DR" is an online only, 30 second video commercial, that is currently being aired. This commercial focuses on millenials and wanting to be able to retire someday. Investing is they key to retirement, but they are not actively investing. SoFi will help you shop stocks and ETFs for free.
- "Invest: Mid Funnel" is an online only, 30 second video commercial, that is currently being aired. It discusses the stock market crash and how that might make one hesitant to invest. Investing is essential if millenials want to improve their financial situations. SoFi has created an investment tool to assist.
- Thier current primary target audience is millenials and their struggle with debt. Their other commercials target the average consumer and their need for affordable financing and investing.
- In 2015, SoFi's marketing budget was $30 million dollars. This amount has increased significantly over the last four years.
- In 2016, their marketing budget was increased to $120 million.
- In 2017, SoFi spent $170 million on marketing, which equated to $756 per new customer they gained.
- In 2018, they spent $200 million on marketing.
- SoFi has switched to their own in house marketing team to save money.