Proptech VC Investors
According to TechCrunch, some of the biggest investors in the proptech sector include Bain Capital Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, Felicis Ventures, RET Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, NYCA Partners, and Camber Creek. Each of the VC firms invests in early-stage companies and has a track record of investing in proptech. We made sure to go through each of the company portfolios and verify that they have or are willing to invest more than $5 million. Each of the emails and other contact information of the companies has been included in the attached spreadsheet.
Bain Capital Ventures
- Bain Capital Ventures is one of the biggest venture capital firms in the US, with over $4.9 billion in assets under management.
- One of its main advantages is its connection to Bain Capital's resources and its network, which gives it access to many Fortune 5000 companies
- Their investments start from $1 million of seed capital but can go as high as $100 million of growth equity.
- While Bain Capital invests in many different verticals, it has recently begun expanding its proptech portfolio with the inclusion of the veteran venture partner, Clelia Peters.
- One of Bain's partners, Merritt Hummer has also confirmed that Bain Capital Ventures is actively investing in proptech start-ups due to the rising trend and popularity of real estate tech companies.
- Thomvest Ventures is a San-Francisco-based venture capital firm that has been investing in start-ups since 1996.
- The company focuses on both early and late-stage start-ups.
- One of its main areas of focus is finance and real estate technology.
- While the company has not disclosed how much it usually invests in start-ups, it was reported that since its inception, it has invested in 50 companies, giving over $500 million in funds to select start-ups. As such, we can safely assume that the venture capital firm would not have a problem investing more than $5 million in a proptech company with a promising idea.
- Felicis Venture is a US-based firm that has produced a myriad of billion-dollar companies, including Fitbit, Shopify, and Wish.
- As of 2020, their total investment fund has raised $510 million.
- They invest in both early and late-stage start-ups.
- Since 2008, the VC firm has invested in over 13 proptech companies, marking it as one of the top 10 US investors in the sector.
- Their investments usually range from $500,000 to $10 million.
- RET Ventures is a Utah-based venture capital firm that focuses specifically on real estate technology investments.
- Some of the leading companies in which they have invested include Amenify, Fernish, SightPlan, and Smart Rent.
- While the company itself does not specifically mention how much it invests in each start-up, it was the leading investor in Furnish's venture round that raised over $30 million from 5 investors.
- Andreessen Horowitz is one of the leading US-based venture capital firms, operating over $12 billion in assets under management.
- The VC firm has several areas of focus, including bio companies, cryptocurrency, and fintech. However, it has recently started focusing more on proptech, with over 12 completed investments in proptech companies since 2008.
- Some of their more recent investments include Loft and Harbor.
- While Andreessen Horowitz has not specifically disclosed how much it invests in companies, they have led several high-profile investing rounds for early and late-stage companies, suggesting that they can easily make a high-amount investment if the company showed promise.
- NYCA is a venture capital firm that focuses on helping start-ups better connect and use their finances. Their aim is "to help entrepreneurs transform payments, credit, digital advice, and financial infrastructure."
- They focus on both early and late-stage start-ups.
- While their focus is on the financial sector, they have also invested in several proptech companies such as Skyline AI.
- While the company has not disclosed how much it invests in each start-up, they recently announced that they were a leading investor in Fidel's $18 million Series A round.
- Camber Creek is a venture capital firm that invests in companies that provide operating technologies for the real estate market.
- The company operates and manages over 150 million square feet of real estate in the U.S.
- They focus primarily on early-stage real estate start-ups.
- The venture capital firm has raised over $120 million in funding to date and has backed more than 20 real estate tech companies, including Latch, VTS, and 42Floors.
- While the company has not disclosed the amount of money it lends to its start-ups, it recently participated as a leading investor in Curbio's Series A round that raised $7 million.