Stephen Williamson - companies
In December 2017, SwipeSense raised approximately $10.6 million in a Series B2 funding round involving Eclipse Ventures, Sandbox Industries, among others. Meanwhile, PatientOne crafted a software solution designed to improve communication between doctors and patients.
Key News Stories About PatientOne (March 2019 to the Present)
"Missoula’s upstart PatientOne helps users navigate the health care system"
- The publication date for this piece is March 19, 2019.
- PatientOne has created a software solution meant to make communication between doctors and patients simpler, and it planned to recruit about 10 brand-new workers in 2019 to assist with future development.
Key News Stories About Swipesense (March 2017 to February 2018)
"SwipeSense Secures $10.6 Million in Funding for Location-Aware Hospital Applications that Reduce Healthcare Costs and Improve Patient Outcomes"
- The publication date for this news story is December 07, 2017.
- In 2017, SwipeSense, proclaimed that the company raised a total of $10.6 million during a Series B2 funding round. This particular funding round was spearheaded by Eclipse Ventures, while additional healthcare and technology investors, such as Sandbox Industries, participated.
Key News Stories About HealthCareFirst (October 2015 to March 2017)
"HEALTHCAREfirst Announces Interface with PDC to Expedite Pharmacy Management for Hospice"
- This news story was published on March 7, 2017.
- In 2017, HEALTHCAREfirst revealed its partnership with PDC, which functions as a pharmacy benefit manager that is independently operated and focuses on hospice. The purpose of the partnership is to advance the handling of patient prescriptions. The interface offers "automatic transfer of demographic data from firstHOSPICE to the PDC software."
HEALTHCAREfirst Announces Partnership with MEDsys Software Solutions for Electronic Visit Verification Interface"
- This news story was published on February 03, 2017.
- HEALTHCAREfirst partnered with MEDsys Software Solution, which serves as a technology services leader in the home care sector. The purpose of the partnership is to allow home health firms to seamlessly meet Texas' standards for electronic visit verification (EVV).
HEALTHCAREfirst Announces Interface with Qualis Management to Improve DME Management for Hospice"
- This piece was published on January 12, 2017.
- In January 2017, HEALTHCAREfirst revealed that it had partnered with Qualis Management, which was the very first DME management agency to facilitate hospices to adequately regulate DME utilization, costs, and orders to offer first-rate experiences for patients.
During our research, we were unable to find the requested number of key news stories for PatientOne, SwipSense, and HealthCareFirst in the specified time ranges. For this, we implemented the research strategies outlined below.
Our research began by scouring for news articles for the named companies using news search websites like News Lookup, Northern Light, among others. We wanted to use the search options available on these sites to search for relevant news pieces using the time range filter accordingly. This strategy worked to an extent as we found some news articles. However, only a few news sources were available in the required date ranges. We believed this strategy would work as these sites are news search engines that could have provided relevant data.
Next, we explored company databases such as Crunchbase, among others. The idea here was to see if they published details on any partnerships, funding, or acquisitions of the companies in the specific period, which we could use to search for news about them. With this strategy, we found some news activities, but there were limited sources available in the listed date range. We believed this strategy would work as these sites tend to publish information on a company's timeline that includes key events and links to sources.
We then searched for news sources on sites that publish health and medical-related news like Medical News Today, Healthline, Science Daily, Health, among others. This strategy was not fruitful as we could not find any relevant sources. We believed this strategy would work as these sites publish information on research, new treatments, and trending topics in health and wellness and could have provided news on the companies.
Additionally, we explored for interviews of the company executives of PatientOne, Swipesense, and HealthCareFirst on sites such as Business Insider, CNBC, etc., hoping to find any announcements or acquisitions, which we could have presented as key new stories. However, this approach was unsuccessful as we were unable to find any.
Finally, we searched for data on the company websites. We wanted to see if the companies quoted their appearances in external media sources on the website page, news section, etc. This strategy did not work as there were no other articles or reports available for the designated time frames. We only found news sources that we had already come across through the various search strategies mentioned earlier.