Roman Peskin's philosophy revolves around teamwork as the key to success in business. He believes that the reason why most startup entrepreneurs fail is not bringing together the right people to do what is needed to be done.
- Roman Peskin's definition of success in business is all about teamwork. He strongly believes that success is not about an individual's hard work, dedication, commitment, and ambition, but it is about picking the right people and imbuing them with a sense of purpose. He said, "If we have ambitions to 'become successful,' but can’t sing like Adele or swim like Michael Phelps, we better be able to find and attract outstanding people and let them make our success. Ideally, while helping them make theirs."
- He believes that not bringing together the right people to do what needed to be done is the reason for failure for most startup entrepreneurs. Especially with co-founders, it’s not just about their skills and personal qualities, but rather how well they fit together and compensate for each other’s weaknesses defines the success in business.
- Roman Peskin stated, "the most important thing we can learn from our bosses is how NOT to do things. They are wonderful reverse role models."
- At a conference in Ukraine, Roman Peskin shared his thoughts surrounding outsourcing and stated it to be equal to a product. He believes that if tasks are not generalized into small projects or solutions, that business is conducted inefficiently.
- At the same conference, he said, "It is desirable that at least some of the developers be on the client's side, for a better understanding of his business."
- Peskin sees being likable and trustworthy as the two most important sales tips.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FEATURING INTERVIEWS WITH PESKIN
- The article "We don’t become successful. Other people make us" is written by Roman Peskin, throwing light on his thoughts about success in business.
- "30 conclusions from the Outsource People 2017 Kyiv conference" are statements from speakers at Ukraine's largest IT conference, Outsource People. Roman Peskin was one of the speakers at the 2017 Outsource People in Kyiv.
BACKGROUND AND VENTURES
- Currently, Roman Peskin is the founder and CEO of Global Hero.
- Peskin has also worked as the CEO of Go Interactive (June 2017 to April 2019), vice president at Data Art (February 2015 to April 2017) and OneTwoTrip (July 2013 to December 2014), general manager of La Boutique Hotel (January 2006 to June 2006) and Hotel Berlin (January 2002 to December 2005), and a website manager for Travellux (2001 to 2002).
- He was also the co-founder and CEO of DealAngel (March 2011 to December 2014) and INNtelligenz (February 2008 to March 2011).
- He holds a master's degree in biochemical engineering from UFA State Technical University and a master's in business administration from the University of Pittsburgh.
PERFORMANCE AND EXIT DATA: DEALANGEL
- DealAngel has raised a total of $868,000 over three seed funding in 2011 and 2012, and it was acquired by OneTwoTrip on Aug 6, 2013.
- The exact price paid for DealAngel wasn’t disclosed; however, a source close to the deal told VentureBeat that investors made close to a 3X return.
- While OneTwoTrip mostly focuses on helping people book flights, it said it wants DealAngel’s team and tech to help bolster its hotel product.
PERFORMANCE AND EXIT DATA: INNTELLIGENZ
- INNtelligenz was included in the DealAngel acquisition by OneTwoTrip in 2013.
- The platform was updated and re-released in 2014 under the name X-ray by OneTwoTrip.
- The free service offered by OneTwoTrip allows hotels to compare rates in given locations for competitive analysis and strategy.
CURRENT VENTURE: GLOBAL HERO
- Peskin founded Global Hero in June 2019.
- There are no reports or news articles offering any details regarding investments in the company or updating the company status.
- The company provides a platform that helps in hiring and compensating contractors from around the world.
To garner insights surrounding the business philosophy of Roman Peskin, we looked into reports and articles featuring Roman Peskin in various news and media sources and his Twitter profile. We leveraged the article authored by Roman Peskin surrounding his views on success in business and his quotes during Ukraine's largest IT conference, Outsource People, where he was one of the speakers. These were the only publicly available sources published in the past 24 months that reflected his thoughts and philosophy about the subject. We then looked into his LinkedIn profile for his work and education background. Crunchbase and older articles and press releases (since the acquisitions took place in those years) were then used to identify the performance and exit data on his previous ventures, DealAngel and Inntelligenz.