WBDC-MN Chapter Services
Among the small business services that WBDC Minnesota chapter offers include mentoring and WBE certification. The upcoming small business events organized by this chapter are Two-Part Workshop Lunch ‘n Learn Event and Leveraging Your Certification Workshop. The two events will take place on 23rd October and 14th November 2019, respectively.
SMALL BUSINESS SERVICES OFFERED BY WBDC-MN
- Mentoring services. The services are offered in conjunction with MicroMentor, an online mentor matching program. Through this service, small business owners are connected with business mentors, both locally and throughout the United States.
- WBE certification. This certification is recognized nationally with acceptance from more than 1,000 corporations representing America's most prestigious brands. "Some of the benefits of WBE certification include invitations to networking events with supplier diversity representatives, contact information for supplier diversity representatives, and opportunities to attend corporate panels, procurement events, and education opportunities. "
- Other services offered by WBDC-MN to small business owners include one on one consulting and workshops on sales and business growth.
- To qualify for the certification program, an applicant must be a female aged 18 years and above, a US citizen, and must have the highest title in the business. A woman or women must own at least 51% of the company.
- The applicant must also have control on high-level strategic management of the company, and also be the one who makes the ultimate decision on anything that concerns the business. A woman must control the daily operations of the business. Besides, the business must be an independent-for profit company, and it must have been formed and have its headquarters in the United States.
- Businesses with less than $1 million in annual revenue pay an application fee of $350 while those whose annual revenue ranges from $1 million to $4.99 pay $500. Businesses with yearly income of $5million-$9.99 million pay $750, while those whose revenue is from $10 million to $49.99 million pay an application fee of $1,000. Those whose annual income is $50 million and above pay $1,250.
- To access the mentoring services, participants register through the MicroMentor website. When registering for the program, applicants describe their businesses and their mentoring goals. Once connected, the mentor and mentee interact via a telephone call, Skype, in person, or email. The program lasts for three months.
- Two Part Workshop Lunch ‘n Learn Event. It will be held on 23rd October from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm. The program will be held at Deluxe Headquarters, 3680 Victoria St N., Shoreview, MN 55126, Room 161. Charges are $20 -$30.
- Leveraging Your Certification Workshop. It will take place on 14th November 2019 from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm at WBDC-MN at WomenVenture at 2021 E, Hennepin Ave, Suite 200, Mpls, 55413. The cost for the workshop is $40 per person.