SSENSE - Marketing Strategies
While there is no publicly available information to fully answer your question, we have used the available data to pull together key findings: SSENSE typically uses its website, mobile app, social media platforms, and magazine to promote itself. The company has not launched any major marketing campaigns over the past 24 months. Below you will find an outline of our research methodology to better understand why the information you have requested is publicly unavailable, as well as a deep dive into our findings.
- Instead of a typical ecommerce layout with product offerings, the homepage of SSENSE’s website features previews of editorial content written by creative writers. The publication of these content is part of the company’s SEO strategy. The content published fall under categories such as art, culture, fashion, market, music, and product curation.
- SSENSE’s website is available in English, French, Japanese, and Chinese. Every version contains the same content.
- The website has separate pages for men’s and women’s products. The pages have a minimalist design and feature category types, designers, product names and images, and pricing.
- SSENSE launched its first mobile app on October 22, 2019. It is available for iOS devices only and supports English, French, Japanese, and Chinese. The app provides “a hyper-personalized shopping experience, including personalized recommendations, intuitive search filters, and an enhanced sorting catalog.”
- SSENSE has adopted a coordinated strategy for its Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts with minimal differences in terms of content published. Every post typically features #SSENSE and is related to new arrivals, the website’s editorial content, or major announcements.
- The company has tweeted Japanese content to promote collaborations with Japanese designers or brands. The Facebook page contains upcoming and past events and reviews published on Trustpilot. SSENSE has also utilized Instagram stories and IG TV to market itself.
- SSENSE has published only 14 videos on its YouTube channel over the past 24 months. They are typically TV spots or short films to promote the company’s collaborations with other designers or brands.
- On October 8, 2019, SSENSE launched its inaugural print publication.
- It featured three covers (Sean Don, Jerry Lorenzo Manuel, and Kiko Mizuhara), and the first issue was exclusively available to SSENSE community members only.
- The magazine contained original content and editorial content previously published on the company’s website.
- SSENSE’s main marketing decision-maker is Lea Cristante, the director of brand development.
- One of her responsibilities includes overseeing marketing efforts with in-house teams and partners.
- It is assumed that SEO Manager Anisa Awad is currently the Head of SEO at SSENSE after Arnaud Mangasaryan left the company in May 2018.
The information for SSENSE’s marketing campaigns conducted are not available in the public domain. To identify the required information, we first examined content published on SSENSE’s website and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. It is assumed that these platforms would provide information on past and present marketing campaigns. However, an examination of the platforms mentioned above has only provided general marketing content that are not part of any major, coordinated campaigns and do not feature any fixed tagline or messaging.
Next, we conducted a press search for articles that mentioned SSENSE’s marketing efforts. It is assumed that media articles would mention campaigns launched by the company if available. However, the articles examined have only provided information on the company’s editorial content and SEO strategies for its website and the launch of its first mobile app. None of the articles examined talked about any marketing campaigns launched over the past 24 months and beyond.
Lastly, we examined advertising campaign databases such as Moat, iSpot TV, We Love Ad, and others. It is assumed that these databases would provide information on marketing campaigns launched by SSENSE if available. However, none of the databases have provided any information about the company’s marketing campaigns. Therefore, we have determined that SSENSE has not launched any marketing campaigns to promote itself. The company has only utilized its website, mobile app, social media platforms, and magazine for marketing purposes on a regular basis.