Pinterest Financial Data
Pinterest had estimated revenue of $755.93 million in 2018.
Annual Revenue of Pinterest Company
- As of 2018, the estimated revenue of Pinterest Company was $755.93 million, which was up 60% on the 2017 revenue.
- As per Pinterest’s S-1 filing, no single client contributes more than 10% of the company’s revenue. The business relies on a few clients to contribute to the significant share of the revenue.
- Since 2016, the company's ad revenue per user has witnessed a growth from $4.24 per user in 2016 to $7.15 per user in 2018.
Market Share of Pinterest
- According to the market share data of social media sites highlighted by StatCounter Global Stats, Pinterest currently has a global market share of 13.16%. The company comes second after Facebook, which has a market share of 73.1%.
Other Social Media Platforms that Compete with Pinterest in the Market Include:
- Twitter, which has a market share of 6.18% ,
- YouTube, with a market share of 3.18% ,
- Instagram, with a market share of 1.43%, and
- Tumblr, which has market share of 0.57%.
- Based on the triangulated financial data of Pinterest in the past five years (years 2014 to 2018), the annual growth rate of the company is estimated to be 99.37%.
To provide an overview of the revenue, market share, and financial growth of Pinterest, we searched through the company’s website, company’s financial reports, and market reports. Having leveraged these sources, we were able to provide the requested information. We also used triangulation and calculations to estimate the growth of the company over the past five years.
To calculate the financial growth of the company, we sort to find the revenue generated by the company in the last five years and used data for 2014 and 2018 for calculations. Our calculation was as follows:
The formula for finding growth rate (CAGR) is:
((Ending Value / Beginning Value) ^ 1 / Number of years) -1
Beginning Value: The beginning value is the earliest market size.
Ending Value: The ending value is the latest market size.
Number of Years: The number of years is simply the number of years between the two market sizes.
Beginning Value (revenue generated as at 2014) = $24,000,000.
Ending Value (Revenue generated as at 2018) = $755,932,000
Number of Years = 5 Years
($755,932,000 / $24,000,000) ^ 1 / 5) -1
(31.497) ^ 1 / 5) -1
0.9936726 x 100=99.37%
Thus, the estimated financial growth for the past five years is 99.37%.