NEC Corporation of America
The recent news stories about NEC are mainly related to the various ways the company is using technology to solve problems faced by the society. These news stories include the introduction of a 5G vertical business platform, use of optical sensor technology for traffic monitoring and its performance at the NIST Accuracy Testing.
Recent News about NEC Corporation
- Title: NEC Introduces 5G Vertical Business Platform at Futurecom 2019
- Date: October 25, 2019.
- Summary: The company partnered with Juniper Networks, DELL Technologies and A10 Networks to present the NEC 5G vertical business platform that would enhance the availability of 5G network services. The introduction of the platform took place at Futurecom, which was a content and digital transformation event, at Sao Paulo, Brazil from 28th-31st October, 2019.
- Title: Ministry of Movement and NEC to collaborate on future of urban mobility
- Date: October 16, 2019.
- Summary: A subsidiary of NEC Corporation called NEC Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. started a collaboration with a startup called Ministry of Movement Pte. Ltd. (SWAT) to enable effective urban movement and city developments. This collaboration would bring forth the launching of the Ally app which is targeted at providing road planning and bus booking services features.
- Title: Verizon and NEC just made fiber sensing a whole lot easier
- Date: October 8, 2019.
- Summary: Verizon used the optical sensor technology started by NEC to generate data for traffic monitoring. This would be helpful in developing smart cities using the fibre optic technology in the long run.
- Title: Successful Outcome for NEC Corporation in United States ITC Investigation Brought by Xtera, Inc. (ITC Investigation No.337-TA-1098)
- Date: October 4, 2019.
- Summary: The company announced that it received a favorable judgment from the International Trade Commission in a case filed by Xtera in December 2017. Xtera's claim was that some of NEC's subsea communication systems are affecting the US patents of Xtera.
- Title: NEC Face Recognition Technology Ranks First in NIST Accuracy Testing
- Date: October 3, 2019.
- Summary: The company announced that it had the highest rating in the 2018 face recognition vendor test which was conducted by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology. The company had the highest rating for the fifth time with an error rate of 0.5%.
- Title: NEC conducts IoT trials to improve the efficiency of airport operations for JAL
- Date: September 26, 2019.
- Summary: The company stated that it is working towards the improvement of service delivery by Japan Airlines Co. Ltd. NEC Corporation is using the Internet of Things (IoT) to conduct trial tests for different communication means to improve the operations of the airport.
- Title: NEC to Develop Energy Storage Systems with Cells from Ambri Inc.
- Date: September 23, 2019.
- Summary: A subsidiary of NEC Corporations called NEC Energy solutions is partnering with Ambri Inc. on how to develop energy storage system. The collaboration is aimed at using the long duration performance of Ambri's energy storage system to offer high renewable energy for NEC's AEROS energy storage system.
- Title: NEC drug development investment, CYTLIMIC, secures 1.3 billion Yen in financing, allowing for POC clinical trials of CYT001.
- Date: August 9, 2019.
- Summary: NEC Corporation and CYTLIMIC Inc. announced that a sum of about 1.3 billion Yen (equivalent of about $12 million) has been raised from the first IND filing of CYT001. This funding will facilitate clinical trials for the proof that CYT001 can be used as an adjunct cancer vaccine.
To answer this research question, we leveraged on the press releases of the company. We then selected the most recent news articles.