Mejuri-Social Media Scan
Mejuri uses social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to promote its range of products. They have partnered with social media influencers and bloggers who help in promoting the products to a bigger audience. Mejuri refers to the partnering influencers as "The Fine Crew". A detailed report is presented below.
Social Media Channels
- Mejuri uses Instagram and they have 581,000 followers and 1,683 posts. On October 2019, Mejuri posted, "Thank your middle school Caboodle for its service and say hello to the Travel Case" featuring a case with jewelry and the post got 33,598 likes.
- They have a Facebook page with 90,721 likes and followed by 92,753 people. This post from August got 5,200 likes and it talked about Mejuri's appearance on a magazine.
- On Twitter Mejuri has 3,277 followers and 1,826 likes. On this platform, Mejuri engages with the audience to give updates and promote their products.
Messaging Used on Social Media Channels
- On Instagram, Mejuri uses their jewelry in photos accompanied with messages like "Yes some of us are still holding on to summer and what of it?". The brand is using a message the audience can relate to but complements with a stunning picture of their products.
- In a post on Instagram, they have featured a photo of Oprah Winfrey wearing their jewelry. The accompanying message is, "@oprah wears the Organic Pearl Hoops". This associates the brand with quality and reliability.
- In another Instagram post, Mejuri features a photo of gold jewelry with a message "Fortune favors the gold. The Menagerie is here — five fine specimens made for showing off." This sparks a conversation about their prowess and perfection in jewels.
- On Facebook, Mejuri posted, "You could toss your jewelry in a clay dish you made in the sixth grade *or* you could consider the travel case like" with a photo of their jewel case. This message infers the quality and dependable design of the product over a clay dish.
- On Facebook, they posted a picture of pearl jewelry with a message, "I'm just a pearl standing in front of your cart asking you to love her". Mejuri is using witty and entertaining message to market their products to the audience rather than pushing them.
- On Twitter, Mejuri posted a picture of models wearing the brand's jewelry and the accompanying message read, "You’re a gem + so are these. The Gem Edition is here in rose quartz, blue lace agate, lapis lazuli, black spinal ✨These gemstones are daily reminders to find clarity, love, balance (or whatever it is you’re looking for). Find what best suits you".
Influencers/Bloggers Promoting Mejuri Products
- Tara Leydon of The TL Blog is a fashion blogger and she promotes Mejori's jewelry. She did an event with the company in Toronto and shared on her blog featuring her favorite and wishlist Mejuri jewelry. She also promotes Mejuri on Instagram and she is also their rep.
- Cindy Hyue of Cindyhyue.com is among the fashion bloggers promoting Mejuri's jewelry on her blog. She became part of The Fine Crew at Mejuri in 2019.
- An Trieu of Style and Senses is a fashion blogger promoting Mejuri to her audience since 2018. She posts also talks about how she landed the brand partnership and she posts "2 to 3 blog posts a week and at least a photo a day on Instagram."
- Lo mein promotes Mejuri products on Instagram and her latest post in September 2019 got 1,847 likes. The post was featuring Mejuri's rings.
- One of the most influential member of The Fine Crew is Emily Ratajkowski. She has 24.4 million followers on Instagram. She poses with Mejuri jewelry and her posts get up to 1.5 million likes.
In order to determine how Mejuri is using social media and influencers to promote its products, we consulted the web for articles on blogs and posts on social media platforms about fashion bloggers/influencers promoting the brand. We also scanned various social media channels to determine whether Mejuri is active on those platforms as well as discover the messaging used by the brand on the social media channels. The research yielded results and we were able to find the social media channels used by this brand, the messaging on the channels, and influencers promoting the products.