Company Profile: Anomaly
Anomaly is a digital marketing platform founded in 2004 with a guiding principle of doing things differently. The company has its headquarters in New York and offices in Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Amsterdam and Shanghai. Below is a detailed overview of Anomaly.
- Anomaly is a digital marketing platform founded in 2004 with a guiding principle of doing things differently.
- The company works with its clients, doubling as both a traditional marketing service and a business development partner.
- Anomaly, which has its headquarters in New York, was created to be an agent of change for an industry that is clinging to outdated means. The company touts itself as a leader of an evolved cultural, technological, media and marketing environment.
- Anomaly has been recognized in several awards including Ad Age’s 2017 Agency of the Year, Fast Company’s Most Innovative, Cannes Lions, Effies, Digiday Awards and the Mashies among others.
- Other accolades include Toy of The Year for Mighty Jaxx, Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2016 for hmbldt, and two Emmys for a television series,
- The company has more than 600 workers across offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Toronto, Amsterdam and Shanghai.
- Anomaly's clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Sally Hansen, Nike, MINI, Lego, Hershey’s, Google, Diesel, Diageo, Converse, The Campbell Soup Company, Beats, and Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Anomaly Acquired by MDC Partners
- In 2011, MDC Partners acquired majority stake in Anomaly. At the time, Anomaly wanted to use this backing to launch offices in Brazil, China and mainland Europe.
Carl Johnson-Founding Partner & Executive Chairman
- Carl Johnson is a Founding Partner and Executive Chairman at Anomaly. He has spent much of his career managing his own agency.
- Since launching the company in 2004, he has overseen the guardianship and evolution of Anomaly's proposition in the industry.
Karina Wilsher-Partner, Global CEO
- Karina Wilsher is a partner and Global CEO at Anomaly. She has been a partner at the company for the last six years. Before that, she was a Partner and Global COO, in which she led a period of sustained growth and evolution.
Gareth Goodall-Partner, Chief Strategy Officer
- Gareth Goodall is a Partner, Chief Strategy Officer at Anomaly. Prior to joining Anomaly held the roles of Joint Managing Director and Chief Strategy Officer of Fallon London and Head of Planning at Saatchi & Saatchi New York.
- During the seven years at Fallon, the company won two Cannes Grand Prix awards and two Campaign's Agency of the Year Awards.