Brookfield Properties Retail - Digital Signages
Three retail venues where Brookfield Properties uses digital signages include Northbrook Court, Willowbrook Mall, and Glendale Galleria.
RETAIL VENUES/SHOPS/POP-UPS WHERE BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES USES DIGITAL SIGNAGES
1. NORTHBROOK COURT
- Northbrook Court is a Brookfield Properties shopping center located in Chicago, Illinois. It is currently being developed into a community center that will serve as an energy and opportunity hub.
- "Northbrook Court includes 60,000 sq. feet of dining space (with a cutting-edge food hall and several restaurant options), boutique fitness center, gourmet grocery, and luxury apartments."
- It is a prime destination for shoppers, families, and locals, as it is centrally located around several Fortune 500 companies.
- NorthShore University Health System has a history of advertising there, using its sky banners to portray health-focused messages.
- Northbrook Court allows the use of its center for advertisements. It provides the option to contact them for inquiries regarding advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Here's a link to pictures of some of its digital signages.
2. WILLOWBROOK MALL
- Willowbrook Mall is one of Brookfield Properties' retail centers. It is located in Houston, Texas, and provides shopping and dining options to over 119 million shoppers annually.
- "Department stores at the center include Dillard’s, JCPenney, Macy’s, and Sears, all of which currently rank among the top performers in their respective regions."
- NYX promotes some of its new store openings at Brookfield Properties centers, including Willowbrook Mall, using digital signages such as "sky banners, escalator wraps, pop-up events, and more."
- Willowbrook Mall allows the use of its center for advertisements. It provides the option to contact them for inquiries regarding advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- This link contains images of some of Willowbrook Mall's digital signages.
3. GLENDALE GALLERIA
- Glendale Galleria is one of Brookfield Properties' retail spaces located in Glendale, California.
- "It features cutting-edge retail concepts, including the world’s first Apple store, as well as the Disney Store, The LEGO Store, and Pandora."
- The galleria has large-format digital screens located in its Center Court, as well as exterior screens directly facing Central Avenue.
- "A sophisticated collection of over 200 retail stores and restaurants set this shopping center apart, as do regular media relations efforts garnering over $5 million annually in media exposure."
- Glendale Galleria allows the use of its center for advertisements. It provides the option to contact them for inquiries regarding advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- This link contains a video of Glendale Galleria. It showcases images of the digital signages used in the retail space.
DO THE RETAIL VENUES SELL SPACE/SCREEN TIME TO ADVERTISERS
- While none of the retail venues listed above expressly states whether they sell space/screen time to advertisers, a report by Brookfield Properties revealed that it "adopted a digital OOH strategy that is eye-catching, cost-effective and helps retailers and businesses alike advertise with ease." Stating that its OOH strategy is cost-effective indicates that it offers such features at an affordable rate.
- To help brands reach their target audience, Brookfield Properties "installed a network of large format digital screens that allow for high-impact, full-motion video promotions to reach high-traffic areas" within its retail centers.
To determine if the retail venues where Brookfield Properties uses digital signages sell space/screen time to advertisers, we checked the media & signage section of the company's website, as well as the pages of each retail venue to see if there would be any mention of their advertisement details and methods. However, upon scouring through the available information, we only found examples of digital signages and the option to contact the company for further information regarding their advertising options. While the digital signage examples showed evidence of advertisements, no statement expressly revealed whether the venues sold space/screen time to advertisers.
Next, we went through Brookfield Properties' annual reports to see if we could obtain any data regarding revenue generated from advertising in their retail spaces. We hoped to get a breakdown by advertising methods such as the use of sky banners and digital screens to enable us to determine which of the identified venues sell space/screen time to advertisers. However, we only found data showing advertising expenses for Brookfield Properties from the 2018 annual report. As such, we could not determine whether these retail venues sell space/screen time to advertisers.
Further, we briefly went through their social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram of each retail venue. We hoped to find deals encouraging businesses to advertise with them at discounted rates. However, we only found pictures and videos of digital signages and the venues. After searching these platforms for some time without obtaining any useful information, we expanded our search to the social media pages of Brookfield Properties in general, as we hoped to get broader information regarding discounted rates of advertising at their retail venues. However, we obtained similar results regarding the same, including a Facebook post of the "ANA Masters of Marketing Week in Orlando, Florida, which Brookfield Properties would be attending to discuss the impacts of OOH advertising. Searching for the impacts of OOH advertising for Brooklyn Properties, we came across a report which stated that the company adopts a cost-effective digital OOH strategy for advertisers. This information was thus a clear indication that its retail venues sell space/screen time to advertisers. The page also contained a contact form with which to make further inquiries regarding the advertising options provided by each retail location, including those identified in our key findings.