Ascentis Human Capital Management Software - Challenges
Challenges faced by Ascentis's marketing, sales, and customer experience, were not identifiable due to the lack of viable data. However, after a detailed analysis of the cons listed by its clients on software review sites, software customization issues, customer support, and multiple sign-on issues were identified as two customer-side issues faced by Ascentis. The research didn't find any ways the company is dealing with these issues.
Customer Challenges Faced by Ascentis
- As inferred by the cons listed by its clients on software review sites, software customization was one of the recurrent issues faced by them.
- Other recurring issues were multiple sign-on for different software of the company and customer support.
- According to Connie H., Director of Marketing Resources Support at Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau, "the interface is sometimes very slow to load for the HR admin" and "some of it's not intuitive."
- Karen Sinette, Director of People Experience at Elevate97, says that "running reports is easy but saving in different formats and on drives away from the Ascentis server is not easy."
- Anita S., from Business Health Solutions / Michigan Urgent Care & Occupational Health, says that "it is not a single-sign-on system" and "HR changes don't automatically update in Payroll."
- A LinkedIn verified reviewer on Capterra says that "the transition was a nightmare" and "their team often did not understand our concerns and questions making the transition even more difficult than it needed to be."
- Lance M, HR Director of Mid-Market, says in one line that "wish there were more resources available to learn about self-service."
For this research, we started by doing a background study on company history. We learned that Ascentis is an established company with 35 years of industry experience. The company provides HR solutions and was recently named one of "2019's Best Places to Work" by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. We then went ahead and conducted a deep study of their press releases, to recognize any challenges the company identified surrounding marketing, sales, and customer experience. The press releases contained different instances related to the company's achievement and recent acquisitions of NOVAtime and Cincinnati Time Systems. However, no mention of any challenges were found associated with marketing, sales, and customer experience.
We next conducted an in-depth press search on the company, to identify any challenges being discussed in news and media associated with Ascentis' marketing, sales, and customer experience. We read articles related to Ascentis on news and media sites like HR Technologist, Field Technologies Online, Market Expert, Innovative Reports, Twin Cities Business Magazine, and PR Newswire. We found mentions of the company's recent acquisitions and expansion into new territories. We also found news reports on HR Software market, which informed us that the market is set to grow at a CAGR of 13% between 2019–2025. However, no article or post was found discussing any issues or challenges associated with Ascentis.
Due to the nature of the information required, our strategies were limited. Moving further, we scoured software review websites to find customer opinions on problems faced by them while using the Ascentis' software. We studied the reviews on sites like Capterra, Finance Online, Trust Radius, G2, CompareHRIS, and Software Advice. Most of the reviews were on a positive note. However, after close inspection of the cons presented by some reviewers, we identified that software customization issues and customer support were two recurrent issues mentioned by Ascentis' client. We have presented these findings in the above section.
We next went ahead to analyze the social media mentions of Ascentis. We hoped to find mentions of the challenges and problems faced by the Ascentis' customers. We found very few mentions of Ascentis, and they were mostly related to the news and achievements of the company. We didn't find any mention of any customer complaints or mentions related to the software on Ascentis social media channels. We concluded that not enough details are available related to the company's marketing, sales, and customer experience, to identify challenges associated with them.