Wearable Tech Launches 1
Different wearable technologies have used different strategies to launch their products. According to our research, the most common practices for product launches of technologies like (and including) Casper, HeartMath, Muse, and Gravity Blanket include the reinvention of any ordinary or known product, the use of contents both via online and offline, and launching the product in technological sites, conferences, and organizations. Other insights into product launches of technologies involve selling products in the area of expertise, continuous improvement on the products, and knowing the target market well.
Below is the detailed view into product launch insights of technologies like (and including) Casper, HeartMath, Muse, and Gravity Blanket.
PRODUCT LAUNCH INSIGHTS
Casper.com has used marketing content in their product launch. It was observed that prior to the product launch, the company had initially made their product highly visible with its contents through different advertising media both online and offline. Prior to and during the launch, Casper piqued the interest of many clients through the reinvention of the buying experience for their target market. During their launch on April 22, 2014, Casper.com live was pushed. They applied great customer service by giving out leather-bound vintage books from Strand Book Store into each box they deliver as well as staff glued on their computer to connect with customers that needed assistance.
HeartMath has developed and targeted "scientifically based tools and programs" through its research and education divisions (HealthMath Institute). This links the "connection between heart and mind" and strengthens "people’s connection with the hearts of others." The HeartMath methodologies "offer hope of new and effective solutions for the many daunting problems that face society by restoring mental, emotional and physical balance and maximizing every individual’s potential."
The product launch insights of HeartMath consists of utilizing press releases where they have their contents released on their website page dedicated to the information they have released. The company also utilizes other practices for launching through CES by educating the public on how their technological innovation works. Since they target medical professionals, they also utilize educational materials they have available for sale. It helps them promote their products through the introduction of their principles as well as the use of their products.
InteraXon is the first to make the electroencephalogram (EEG) more portable by producing a slim-sized device called Muse, now Muse 2. It is a wearable device that helps during meditation. The company targets neuroscience researchers and introduced meditation at a new level. This innovation was launched via CES and other technological websites.
4. GRAVITY BLANKET
The gravity blanket is backed by comprehensive research and development of 13 years by the SleepScore Labs, which can be considered as one of its product launch insight as it helped the company in gaining the trust of the public. So, the public trust has already been established prior to launching a product related to the industry or area of their expertise. It utilized video content which paved its way to its fame.
DETAILED INSIGHTS INTO PRODUCT LAUNCHES OF WEARABLE TECHNOLOGIES
- Reinvention of any ordinary or known product: This insight is evident with the technologies including Casper, Muse, and Gravity Blanket.
- Ad contents both via online and offline: All products investigated above show the advertising technique that involved the use of contents on their website, social media, press, and print.
- Launching product on technological sites, conferences, and organizations: It helps any product gets launched in the industry if the company channels the launch through the same industry from where it belongs.
- Launching products within the area of expertise helps initially, getting a boost for the product in the market: This is what the SleepScore labs took advantage of and it helped Gravity Blanket to successfully launch its product.
- Never stop improving your product: As there is always an area for improvement, the company should never stop working on continuously improving its products just like Muse which recently launched Muse 2.
- Know your target market and provide great customer experience. All the technologies including Casper, Heart Math, Muse, and Gravity Blanket have adopted this practice for the success of their product launches.