Case Studies - US Private School Marketing Campaigns: K-12 Part One
To attract the most students and parents, private schools aim to keep tuition as low as possible. Tuition alone only covers about 60 to 80% of operating expenses. When schools want to add money and increase interest, they use fundraising or various types of marketing campaigns.
- Sewickley Academy is the oldest private school in Pittsburgh, PA for grades K-12.
- The school started its Inbound marketing campaign in 2008-2009 and has continually added new tactics.
- They have achieved significant results using social media, blogs, gated content and various digital tools in an effort to promote the school.
- Through this campaign Sewickley increased enrollment by 30% from the previous year.
- School applications also increased 11%.
- Using a more holistic and focused approach the Academy's web traffic saw a rise of 30%.
- According to K12 Insight, Sewickley Academy uses inbound marketing and gated content resources to attract new students.
- Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Brendan Schneider told a marketing publication: "Since we've started Inbound marketing, four out of five years we've increased our inquiries, applications, and visits over the previous year."
- Located in Andover, NH, Proctor Academy is a private co-educational day and boarding school.
- Proctor uses its Multimedia campaign of live streams and podcasts to showcase the school's unique environment.
- The schools facts and statistics are presented through infographics.
- A Proctor Graduate stated: "Our diverse programs and experiential approach to education develop creative, resilient, and knowledgeable problem solvers who take responsibility for their own learning.
- Westminster is a co-ed K-12 Christian school in Atlanta, GA.
- The school raised over $100 million in a capital campaign.
- The school has over 1,800 students, with 26% of its students representing people of color.
- In October 2006 the school launched a capital campaign and by its completion in January 2011 had amassed $101.4 million in spite of the country being in a recession.
- The school has a strategic plan focused on globalization.