Price of Organic Nitrogen Sources in the Fertilizer and Animal Feed Industries
- Extensive research has revealed that there is no significant amount of data or information on the price of nitrogen with a range of 6-8%
- Throughout the research we found no information that gave any details about market value of 6-8% nitrogen, both organic and non-organic.
What Information Was Available
- Argus Media produce daily market intelligence on Nitrogen price assessments. Access to their data is available through signing up to a subscription service.
- The Profercy World Nitrogen Index is a metric derived from global nitrogen fertilizer prices which provides a score for the price of nitrogen as crop nutrient, and differences over time. Again, access to this service is via a subscription.
- Nitrogen had a PPI (Producer Price Index) of 201.40 on the 31st December 2020. This was up from 170.90 at the same point in 2018. By March 2021 this had risen to 252.00.
- Nitrogen fertilizer prices were seen to fall during the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic. However, there was evidence to suggest prices had returned to an upward trend by the beginning of 2021.
- Nitrogen prices were continuing to climb as of April 2021. The average retail price of UAN28 was 11% higher than last month at $341 per ton, 45% up on the same point the previous year