Pre-Paid Retail Programs, 12 - 21
None of the large U.S. retailers in rows 12–21 of the attached spreadsheet offers programs that allow consumers to prepay for products or services in exchange for discounts or other rewards. Instead, most retailers offer gift cards without discounts or rewards for redeeming prepaid funds. Selected findings are below.
- Apple does not offer a prepaid card. It provides a gift card and credit card.
- Royal Ahold Delhaize USA's brands (like Food Lion and FreshDirect) offer gift cards. However, none provide prepaid cards and discounts or rewards for redeeming the prepaid funds.
- Aldi provides gift cards. However, it does not offer any prepaid cards and discounts for redeeming the prepaid funds.
- Best Buy does not offer any prepaid cards. It provides gift cards for purchase.
- H.E. Butt Grocery offers gift cards for purchase. However, it does not offer any prepaid cards.
- TJX Companies offers a gift card for its brands, including TJX Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods, SIERRA, and HOME SENSE. It does not provide any prepaid cards.
- Dollar Tree does not offer any prepaid cards. It only offers gift cards and re-loadable debit cards for other companies like Green Dot.
For this research, we leveraged the most credible sources of information available in the public domain, including the retailers' websites and third-party financial reports like NerdWallet. We did not find any programs offered by the provided companies that allow consumers to prepay for products or services in exchange for discounts or other rewards.