Some potential investors in a branded consumable food products company in Canada include CircleUp, Agriculture Capital, Founders Food Group, AGR Partners, Anterra Capital, among others.
- CircleUp is a venture capital fund focused on investing in retail-based CPG companies and have invested in ready-to-eat brands such as Nutpods, Rhythm foods, and similar companies.
- They invested over $2.1 million in Nutpods and also invested Canadian nutritional “supershake” brand Rumble.
- Agriculture Capital is an equity fund that invests in food and agriculture business.
- They invested in a Canada-based food processing company, Firestone Pacific Foods, that grows organic cranberries. The exact amount invested wasn't revealed but Agriculture Capital has raised over $700 million.
- Founders is a Canadian family investment company that invests in food businesses. They invest between $15 and $75 million in companies.
- They have invested in natural food businesses such as Freshstone Kitchen and Purewater Foods.
- AGR Partners invests in agribusinesses and food companies globally.
- The company has invested in companies such as Almark that "produce a variety of egg products including peeled and ready-to-eat hard-cooked eggs, frozen diced eggs, deviled egg kits and colored Easter eggs. "
- They have also invested in Canadian companies in the past.
- Anterra Capital is a venture capital firm that is focused on investing in food and agribusinesses in North America and Europe. They invest in all kinds of food businesses including natural food.
- They invest up to $20 million in equity per company and has invested in Canadian food companies such as BluWrap in the past.
- Wheatsheaf Group invests in and helps in developing businesses in the food and agriculture sectors. They are especially interested in food and agribusinesses that are organic and natural.
- They lead the £12.6 million investment in the Canadian food tech company BluWrap.
- Avrio Capital is a Canada-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage companies.
- The company has invested in ready-to-eat food companies such as Bento Nouveau and Left Field Food in the past and has invested over $2 million in companies in the past. They have also invested in food companies such as Fody Food and Alasko Foods that "specializes in the supply of branded and private label frozen fruits & vegetables."
- Investeco Capital is a Canadian investment firm that finances high growth sustainable food and agriculture businesses such as Mama Earth Organics and SOL Cuisine.
- The company led the $4 million investment in NadaMoo, a vegan and gluten-free ice cream company.
- VMG Partners is a private equity investment firm that is focused on investing in branded consumer products businesses in the food, beverage, personal care, beauty, pet, and wellness category.
- The company has invested in a Canadian company in the past called Vega. Vega makes "clean, plant-based supplements, snacks, shakes, and bars—sold online and in stores nationwide. "
- They invest over $2 million in companies.