Population by Age Group of Various Cities
The total population by sex of Generation Z, or iGeneration (Teens & younger); Millennials, or Generation Y (18 – 34 years old); Generation X (35 – 49 years old); and Baby Boomers (50 to 69 years old) in the cities of Baltimore, Philadelphia and Chicago, and the United States have been provided in tabs City of Baltimore, City of Philadelphia, City of Chicago, and United States of the attached spreadsheet. In the three cities Millennials, or Generation Ys are the majority while in the United States Baby Boomers are the majority. Below are population highlights for the City of Baltimore.
City of Baltimore
- In 2018, the population of Generation Z, or iGeneration (teens and younger) was 123,114 people.
- In 2018, Millennials, or Generation Y (18-34 years) were 172,841 people.
- In 2018, Generation X (35-49 years) numbered 109,423 people.
- In 2018, the population of Baby Boomers (50-69 years) was 142,151 people.
- In 2018, the median age was 35.5 years.