Kohler Advertising and Marketing
The print, billboard ads, and commercials released by Kohler in the United States over the last 12-14 months featured a “playful” tone and the tag line “The Bold Look of Kohler.” Examples of the advertising materials have been provided on the attached Google Document.
PRINT AND BILLBOARD ADS
- Sacha Waldman, the photographer behind Kohler's most recent ads, has published four print and billboard ads on his website tagged with “The Bold Look of Kohler.”
- The first image featured an open ocean and a woman sitting on a faucet that is shaped like a hook. The image is titled "The Lure of the Finish." It also says "choose from a sea of faucet finishes - including vibrant. Ombre - and design your space around what captivates you."
- The second image featured a scene from Snow White with a focus on the mirror in the room. The image is titled "Mirror, Mirror" and says "With the verdera voice mirror. You can control music, lightning, and other products with your voice. Fairytales do come true."
- The second image is part of the 2019 commercial Verdera Voice Mirror With Kohler Connect TV Commercial, 'Mirror Mirror on the Wall'
- The third image featured a man in front of an umbrella shop standing under a showerhead with running water and protecting himself from the water with an umbrella. It is titled "Umbrella" and has been published in March 2019.
- The third image also contains the following information: "Spring showers available year-round. Discover real rain, a unique ceiling shower panel that creates a truly authentic rain shower experience. To feel it is to believe"
- The fourth image featured a man standing on the steps of a brownstone holding a flower themed vessel sink behind his back. He is standing in front of a woman leaning on the open door of the brownstone and throwing flower petals towards the man.
- The 2019 commercial Verdera Voice Mirror With Kohler Connect TV Commercial, “Mirror Mirror on the Wall” featured a scene from Snow White where the Evil Queen talked to her mirror. But the mirror is voice controlled, and the audio is much more “playful” in contrast to the serious look of the ad. It ended with “The Bold Look of Kohler.”
- The July 2018 commercial titled “Jealous Dog” showcased the ability of Kohler's Revolution 360 Toilets. This commercial was 30 seconds long and featured a dog flushing large items down the toilet bowl without clogging it. The commercial also ended with “The Bold Look of Kohler.”
- On February 21, 2018, Kohler’s YouTube channel published an advertisement for their shower sprays. This ad featured a couple sharing a romantic date where they were rained on and later seen in a water fountain with water hitting their skin, similar to water from a shower hitting their skin on the same spot. The commercial ended with "We transform water, To transform you."
- On June 29, 2018, Kohler’s YouTube channel published an advertisement for their Veil intelligent toilet. It featured robots at a house party enjoying the company of the Veil intelligent toilet. The commercial looks very “fun” and informative and ended with "Never Too Next" and "The Bold Look of Kohler" tag lines.
COMPARISON ACROSS KOHLER’S ADVERTISING MATERIALS/CONTENT
- The overarching campaign is “The Bold Look of Kohler.”
- The older advertisements from 2018 seemed to focus on the product in the video with additional tag lines such as "To transform water, to transform you" and "Never Too Next."
- The additional tag lines may be used to tag the products themselves in addition to the brand's main tag line.
- The latest print ads and billboards followed the same type of product used as the "As I see it" campaign from 2008.
- The products are also marketed in very “playful” ways by showcasing the utility or ability of the product. They are similar to the 2008 campaigns, without the "As I see it" tag line.