Plug and Play
The requested details on Plug and Play have been provided on row 15 of the attached spreadsheet. Plug and Play was co-founded by Saeed Amidi and Jojo Flores in 2006 to provide office spaces for startups to rent at affordable pricing. Today, the company focuses on running accelerator programs, launching corporate innovation programs, and investing in startups through its venture capital arm.
- Plug and Play has accelerated 2,000+ startups through its global accelerator programs.
- Its venture capital arm, Plug and Play Ventures has made investments in 750+ companies.
- Plug and Play has claimed that unlike traditional accelerators, its programs focus on specific sectors and it does not take equity from participants
- The company has accelerated 30% more startups in the United States in 2018 as compared to the previous year.
- Plug and Play’s leadership team includes Saeed Amidi (CEO & Founder), Candace Widdoes (Chief Operating Officer), Michael Olmstead (Chief Revenue Officer), and Jojo Flores (Co-Founder).
As Plug and Play is an accelerator and venture capital firm, it focuses on helping startups grow and attract investors, and also investing in startups. Thus, it is assumed that the company is self-funded by its own venture capital arm and also does not actively seek acquisition targets or external funding. Please note that sources older than two years were examined to provide key details of its history.