Please provide examples of companies / products that enable detection of natural gas, oil or gasoline pressure/flow/temperature/density in pipes
Hello! Thank you for using Wonder to ask about the current vendor strategies or research to improve wireless strength in areas of high metal concentration. The short answer is that the companies that enable detection of natural gas, oil or gasoline are Nivus, Emerson, Fox Tek, Industrial Tomography Systems (ITS), WFS Technologies, KEYENCE America, Aquilar, and UON Technologies. Each of the companies offer sensor products that are externally attached to pipelines. You will find a detailed report and my methodology below.
After searching through the corporate websites, I have come across eight companies, which offer the products/solutions that answer the request. By looking through these company websites, I was able to provide information on the products/solutions they offer that can be externally attached to pipelines without requiring any re-piping or interference with the pipeline.
COMPANIES AND PRODUCTS
1. Nivus- Nivus offers various pipe sensor accessories, some of them meant to be mounted externally on pipelines without interfering with the pipeline. The sensor is meant to monitor the pipeline flow.
2. Emerson- Emerson is a vendor of Automation Solutions and Commercial & Residential Solutions. One of their products, Rosemount™ 0085, is a pipe clamp temperature sensor. This is an external temperature sensor for pipelines, that is fastened on the surface of the pipeline. It does not even need welding.
3. Fox Tek- Fox Tek is a wholly owned subsidiary of Augusta Industries Inc. They offer a non-intrusive pressure sensors product. These are fiber optic sensor systems that measure pipe or pressure vessel pressures with high accuracy. They can thus be used for oil pipelines. The pressure sensors are located directly on the pipe/vessel at points of interest, thus meaning that the pipe is not interfered with.
4. Industrial Tomography Systems (ITS)- ITS is the world leader in the field of electrical tomography. They offer ECT Pipe Sensor that is suitable for most pipelines and generally used for monitoring the flow of oil / gas systems or pneumatic conveying of powders, grain or plastics. They are installed externally, without interfering with the pipeline. These are thus external sensors that can be used to monitor the flow of oil in pipelines.
5. WFS Technologies- WFS Technologies is a vendor of various technological solutions. One of their products is the Seatooth® PipeLogger, a revolutionary wireless real time temperature monitoring and logging system. They say that through this solution, temperature is monitored without penetration of the pipe. It is meant for sub-sea assets such as buried pipelines. It can thus be used externally for oil pipelines.
6. KEYENCE America- KEYENCE America is a leader in the development and manufacturing of industrial automation and inspection equipment worldwide. They offer pipeline flow sensors that are attached externally. One of their products, the FD-Q series Clamp-on Flow Sensor, simply clamps-on to the pipe requiring no pipe modification and detects all sorts of liquid flow. It can thus be used for oil pipelines by being installed externally.
7. Aquilar- Aquilar is a provider of leak detection solutions. They offer various sensing cables, to be installed externally without interfering with the pipeline. They are for detecting various substances and among them, there are three types of fuel sensing cables. It is these fuel sensing cables, which can detect liquid hydrocarbon fuels and oils at various levels, that can be attached externally to oil pipelines.
8. UON Technologies- UON Technologies offer various technological applications. One of applications they offer has to do with oil and gas pipelines. They state that "underwater oil & gas pipelines can be monitored continuously with an optical communication network." They provide an image that shows that there are sensors installed externally, which can detect leakages. It is external and thus do not require any interference with the pipe, when installing.
To wrap it up, the companies that enable detection of natural gas, oil or gasoline are Nivus, Emerson, Fox Tek, Industrial Tomography Systems (ITS), WFS Technologies, KEYENCE America, Aquilar, and UON Technologies. Each of the companies offer sensor products that are externally attached.
Thank you for using Wonder! Please let us know if we can help with any additional research!