Personal and Professional Information - Arsene Torres
Arsene Torres is from France and moved to the United States with his wife in 2015. The couple started a food truck serving crepes, which ultimately became Plante Grilled Cheese. More details on Torres's personal and professional life, as well as his educational background, is provided below.
- Arsene Torres is French and moved to the U.S. in 2015. Prior to moving to the U.S. and getting involved in the restaurant business, Torres was involved with motocross.
- As of October 2019, Torres has been with his wife, Laury Labussière, for 10 years. Labussière co-founded Planet Grilled Cheese with Torres and the couple lives in the Tampa region of Florida.
- According to his LinkedIn profile, Torres has done fundraising for the Humane Society.
- Torres receive a license in Sports Teaching and Fitness Administration/Management from CREPS Boulouris in 2009. Also in 2009, he earned a Brevet D'état d'éducateur sportif certificate from the Ministère de la Jeunesse et du sport.
- Prior to moving to the U.S. and getting involved in the restaurant business, Torres was involved with motocross.
- From 2007 to 2009, Torres was a professional motocross rider for Kawasaki, competing in France. In June 2008, he opened a training facility, where he also offered private and group coaching. Torres owned and ran his business until 2013, which provided him with extensive business experience.
- Also starting in 2008, Torres became a pedagogic counselor with the Fédération Française de Motocyclisme. He still holds this position today.
- In December 2012, he was a guest commentator for the Geneva Supercross in France, and also commentated at the AMA Supercross of St Louis in 2013.
- For one year in 2013-2014, Torres was a test rider for Moto Crampon Magazine. This job entailed testing new products for the magazine.
- After moving to the U.S., Torres and Labussière started a food truck offering crepes. However, they realized that grilled cheese had greater potential, and Planet Grilled Cheese was launched in 2016.
- Torres also remained involved in the world of motocross, as he published a book titled "Motocross Skills" in June 2018.
- After having a great year at the restaurant in 2017, Torres and Labussière started franchising their restaurant. As of October 31, 2019, there were a total of four restaurants open, and it appears that two of those are franchises.
- A 2019 story in the Naples Daily News included an interview with Torres and his wife, as well as details on how the business got started.
- The Naples Florida Weekly published a story on restaurant news in the area and included details on a new Planet Grilled Cheese opening at the Coastland Center Mall.