PIA Automation Holding GmbH is a fully owned subsidiary of Joyson Holding Group. PIA Automation is a global automation specialist serving the needs of mobility, commercial goods, consumer goods and healthcare industries. PIA has 10 locations worldwide and 8,150 facilities worldwide and approximately 1,667 employees.
- In 2017, PIA acquired M&R Automation expanding its global network.
- PIA Automation is known for providing customized automation solutions globally.
- The firm states it has 50 years of experience, revenue of 281 mil euro 2018 and forecasted revenue of 337 mil euro 2019.
- The management system is regularly certified according to the current quality standard of the EN ISO 9001 series and the firm provides continuing education through its PIA Academy.
- Its services range from manual assembly workstations to fully automated production lines. PIA has incorporated industry trends in digitization with the manufacturing processes by creating its proprietary version of “Industrie 4.0” solutions, which enable advanced control, monitoring, and optimization of the entire production chain. The company considers this an important asset "smart production" linking supplier and service networks.
- PIA has the strong corporate backing of Joyson Holding Group, providing the firm with exposure to the Asia Pacific market.
- Upon research of key players in the industry PIA Automation/Joyson Holding was not mentioned.
- Based on employee reviews there are concerns with management and lack of communication between the various departments.
- Additional employee concerns suggest limited job growth within the firm.
- Industrial automation continues to increase with a CAGR of 8.5% between 2019 and 2024.
- There has been a shift in growth patterns where the Asia Pacific region is the fastest growing market. The region is expected to hold the highest market share in the industrial control for process automation.
- The market is very fragmented and highly competitive, consisting of small and large players such as ABB Ltd., Schneider Electric, Honeywell International Inc., Siemens AG, Rockwell Automation, Omron Co., General Electric Co.
- There is a lack of skilled workforce and high capital investment in the industry.
- In June 2019, Honeywell launched Experian Process Knowledge System while Schneider Electric opened its first smart factory in Mexico. Capital expenditures, where results are expected to lower cost and risk, improve profitability, operational efficiency, and environmental sustainability.