Profile: Mark Fitzgerald
Mark Fitzgerald is an oil and energy professional with over 27 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. He is currently the president and CEO of Petronas Canada.
- Mark Fitzgerald has over 27 years of experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Throughout the course of his career, Mark Fitzgerald has "held senior executive roles in development, production operations, strategy, and corporate development.
- He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Governors at the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers. He is also on the Board of Directors at the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Service.
- Mark Fitzgerald describes himself as a "high performing professional engineer with significant leadership skills."
- He brings a wide variety of knowledge, experience, and exposure to several oil and gas properties in Western Canada.
- Mark Fitzgerald attended the University of Alberta between 1984 to 1989, earning himself an engineer's degree in chemical engineering with distinction.
- He then obtained an M.B.A at Royal Roads University, attending between 1999 to 2001.
Work History And Experience
- Mark Fitzgerald worked for Chevron for a total of 10 years between 1989 and 1999, taking on various technical and leadership roles.
- Between 1999 and 2003, Mark worked in Dominion taking on various technical and leadership roles.
- In 2003, Mark Fitzgerald joined Canetic Resources Inc for a total of five years. He started as the manager of the western business unit and then became the vice president of engineering between 2004 and 2006. He then became the vice-president of operations, serving in this role for two years between 2006 and 2008.
- After his departure from Canetic Resources Inc, Mark Fitzgerald joined Penn West. He spent a total of six years there, first being the senior vice president of operations and later on becoming the senior vice president of production. He then became the senior vice president of development in 2011.
- In 2014, Mark Fitzgerald joined Progress Energy Canada Ltd where he started off as the senior vice president of production and facilities and then became the senior vice president of production of development. He became the president and CEO of the company in November 2016.
- As of today, Mark Fitzgerald is the president and CEO of Petronas Canada.
- There is little information on Mark Fitzgerald's work accomplishments publicly.
- Mark Fitzgerald was interviewed by Gastech Insights in May 2019. This interview was conducted at Canada Gas & LNG Exhibition and Conference in Vancouver.
- Mark Fitzgerald appeared in several news sites within the past 12 months. Some of these are Squamish Chief, the Calgary Herald, and S&P Global Platts, and Vancouver Sun.
- In September 2019, Mark Fitzgerald and Petronas executives met with Shell executives to discuss about their efforts to reduce CO2 emissions.
- In the Vancouver Sun article, Mark Fitzgerald mentioned that there is a clear need to reduce emissions globally.
- Mark Fitzgerald also spoke about the LNG industry with Shell Canada's CEO, Michael Crothers.
- Mark Fitzgerald said that Canadian steel plants do not have "the capacity to build LNG modules on the scale required for a project like LNG Canada."
- Mark Fitzgerald is a founding board member for Classroom Champions. He also sits on the Board for the Edge School Foundation, a unique learning community where students can pursue academic excellence while striving to reach their full athletic potential.
- He was a board member of Edge School for Athletes Society between April 2014 and October 2016.
While the research was generally straightforward, there is little information regarding the awards and achievement of Mark Fitzgerald. We searched for this information on his LinkedIn profile, the official websites of his former and current workplaces such as Petronas Canada, Canetic Resources, and Penn West, as well as news articles and YouTube videos. We also searched for his accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, hoping to find the requested information; this approach was unsuccessful, as Fitzgerald does not have profiles on any of these social media platforms. Because he does not have the aforementioned social media accounts, we were unable to provide an in-depth look into his personal life. We were successful, however, in getting information regarding his volunteer experience through LinkedIn, which we have included in the report above.