Pet Relocation Services - United States
When relocating pets, two of the typical worries of pet parents are their pet's safety as well as planning the logistics. Getting good veterinary care outside the US is also an issue. Also, domestic moves into the United States is the point of concentration for the relocation followed by moves to the United Kingdom and Australia. The typical customers for pet relocation services are pet owners with high disposable income.
Pet's safety and planning the logistics are two of the typical pet parent worries
- One of the typical worries of pet parents is the safety of their pets during relocation. A survey conducted by Pet Relocation, a pet relocation service provider in the US, shows that safety is the first biggest concern (50% of the respondents). Planning the logistics of the relocation came in as the second biggest concern (27%).
- According to a study reported by Pet Life Today, 69% of cat owners and 65% of dog owners said that they would avoid taking their pets for a flight due to safety concerns. Only 28% of cat owners and 27% of dog owners feel that their pets are safe in the cargo hold.
Getting a good veterinary care outside US is an issue
- The concern of getting good veterinary care overseas is an issue for pet parents who are relocating from the US to another country. This suggests a lack of trust on veterinary care providers outside the US.
Domestic moves into the US is the point of concentration for pet relocation
- According to Pet Relocation, in 2019 they have relocated pets that arrived in 74 varied countries. Among these, domestic moves into the United States was the top of the list followed by moves to the United Kingdom and Australia.
Pet owners with high disposable income are the typical customers
- Pet owners with high disposable income are boosting the demand for pet relocation services.
- There is an upward projection in the growth of the global pet relocation service market. This is due to the current inclination of pet owners towards luxury pet products and services, which in turn is increasing the demand for pet relocation services.
- According to Move Hub, Happy Tails Travel Inc. is the top US pet relocation service provider in 2019. This company is based in Arizona and has 22 years of industry experience. They boast of a 100% safety record.
- The 2019 survey conducted by Pet Relocation reveals that 43% of the respondents have relocated with a pet within the past year while 38% relocated with a pet over a year ago.
We searched through different news articles and press releases in order to get initial up-to-date insights about pet relocation services in the United States. From this we have seen that there are no mentions of specific cities that are points of concentration for pet relocation. The typical customers are also not specified. In order to acquire this data, we have searched through different websites of pet relocation services in the United States such as Pet Relocation, Starwood Animal Transport, Happy Tails Travel, Air Pets America, etc. We hope to find market or company reports that will detail the destination to find the points of concentration. However, these reports are not available on those sites. Alternatively, we have expanded our search to statistics sites but this also proved unfruitful. We then searched through market research sites and was able to find a pet relocation service market report by destination and geography. However, the full report is behind a paywall. Thus, we conclude that the specific cities as point of concentration as well as the specifics on the typical customers are not publicly available. Aside from the market report being behind a paywall, it may be that there are no conducted studies yet regarding the demographics of typical customers for pet relocation services in the US.