Product Marketing Analysis - NexGard
NexGard is used to kill the infected black-legged ticks before the transmission of the bacteria that causes Lyme disease. The main tagline of the product is "FDA-approved chew that also prevents infections that cause Lyme disease." More information on the topic has been presented below.
- People tend to buy the product because they fear that their pets will get infected with the Lyme disease. NexGard targets the owners of puppies that are eight weeks old and weigh four pounds or more.
- According to Boehringer Ingelheim, the company uses a sell-in strategy based on supplier diversity.
- NexGard offers several coupons and free monthly reminders on its website.
- The company guarantees that the product will kill the infected black-legged ticks before the bacteria can harm others and cause Lyme disease.
- The active component of the product is called Afoxolaner. They have always made the use of this component transparent so that people can conduct research on it and feel safer.
- NexGard's main tagline is "FDA-approved chew that also prevents infections that cause Lyme disease."
- The company points out the effectiveness of the product using the tagline, "Powerful flea and tick control in one little chew." According to them, Lyme disease can be prevented with just one chew of the product per month.
- According to NexGard, puppies enjoy the taste of their product.
- The company claims that a single beef-flavored NexGard chew provides flea and tick protection that is approved by FDA for puppies that are as young as eight weeks and weigh four pounds or more.
- The product is effective when served with or without food. These factors differentiate the product from its competitors.
- According to Petco, the pricing of NexGard is based on the dosage for four different animal weight classes. The four weight classes are 4 to 10 lbs, 10.1 to 24 lbs, 24.1 to 60 lbs, and 60.1 to 121 lbs.
- The price of the product for the first weight class (4 to 10 lbs) is $53.19. The price for all the remaining weight classes is $54.14.
- According to Boehringer Ingelheim, the father company of Merial (the company in charge of NexGard), NexGard's sell-in strategy is based on supplier diversity.
- Therefore, they distribute their product to all kinds of companies, including small, medium, and large companies. The product is placed throughout the market.
- The sell-through of the product is not easy because NexGard requires an active prescription from a vet visit done within the last 12 months. Therefore, the people that need the product must visit a veterinarian first.
- People can also contact the veterinarians directly from NexGard's website.