People Seeking Counseling Spreadsheet
As requested, the findings from the reports on people seeking counseling by year has been combined into the attached spreadsheet. In addition, we found that the 2004 APA report was updated in 2017. Below is a brief overview of findings from the 2017 report.
2017 APA Study
- The main focus of the 2017 study was on the opioid crisis and the political climate.
- Fifty four percent (54%) of those surveyed stated that they or a family member has sought care from a mental health professional.
- Thirty-six percent (36%) of people claim to be more anxious than they were in 2016.
- Seventy-five percent (75%) of people say they have access to mental health care if they need it.
- Thirty-eight percent (38%) stated they know someone or they themselves have been addicted to opioids.