Penn Emblem Company Analysis
Penn Emblem operates in the branding and decoration solutions market. The details about the company's products and services, target customers, competitive advantage, value proposition, and innovation investments have been provided below.
Products and Services
- Penn Emblem's products include emblems, textile transfers, mending materials, identification garment label systems and supplies, and the Colorprint system.
- The company provides multiple services including custom artwork emblem design & sketches, artwork services, direct embroidery, pre-production samples, stock & hold emblem programs, color charts, technical support, and online services.
- Penn Emblem offers identification solutions to industrial customers as well as customers in the hospitality and healthcare sectors.
- The company operates in and has been serving customers in the branding and decoration solutions market.
- Other than that, the company actively targets customers in markets such as "uniform rental, institutional laundry, uniform/textile manufacturing, sportswear, and promotional markets."
- The company also caters to senior care facilities through its healthcare division.
- Penn Emblem is primarily a B2B company and does not sell its customers' work even though they showcase that on their social media.
- Penn Emblem is a certified women's business enterprise, which allows them to target customers that take supplier diversity seriously.
- Additionally, the company is actively working with clients in niche areas of different industries, which gives them an additional revenue source and an edge over their competitors. A good example of such a niche is high-risk industries, to which they offer flame resistant/high visibility emblematic solutions.
- The company also serves customers worldwide, thereby increasing their scope as opposed to their competitors.
- The company takes pride in being a third-generation family-owned business that is dedicated to innovation.
- Furthermore, the company offers "the highest quality and unique products" to their customers.
- Penn Emblem recently received "the Best Badge/Emblem Design Innovation Award from the North-American Association of Uniform Manufacturers & Distributors (NAUMD) for its PennFlex Emblem."
- The company was ranked as the 2nd runner-up for best apparel innovation for its glow-in-the-dark emblem by the Wearables Magazine.
- PennFUTEX is a technology that can be used to color-match the emblem as well as low heat applications, e.g. nylon jackets.
- The company also introduced thermal sublimation technology for printing with a number of benefits, e.g. industrially launderable garments.
- PennFlex is another technology that replaces embroidery and provides a matte or metallic finish to embellishments.
- The company also introduced the use of RFID chips in garments through its Pennlock technology.
- The company has been introducing innovative solutions since its beginning in the 1940s.
- The company introduced the first heat sealable emblem, Pennbond, in the 1960s.
- The company introduced Colorprint in the 1990s, which could manufacture emblems using 16.7 million colors.
- The latest innovation from the company, i.e. PennFlex polyurethane patches, was introduced in 2018.